Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in
Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
- Must be able to install, troubleshoot, and repair complex production equipment with minimum supervision
- Enhance equipment performance, recommending improvements and implementing.
- Works from drawings, written or verbal instructions and sketches
- Must be able to troubleshoot and identify mechanical/electrical problems
- Operate production equipment and check performance as required
- Strong on PM (preventative maintenance) procedures in a 24 hour/day operation
- Proficient in use of computerized maintenance management system.
- Ensure all job-related operations are in compliance with GMPs, HACCP, WHMIS and health & safety requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have valid Ontario Millwright license
- Experience in a manufacturing environment would be an asset
- Must have a full complement of personal/professional hand tools
- Sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Strong team player as well ability to work alone
- Safety conscious
- Heavy lifting maybe required
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Basic computer ability coupled with strong communication skills
- Highly motivated – able to work well with minimal supervision
- Rotating shifts and weekends may be required
- Knowledge of conveyors, industrial / stationary engines, pumps / compressor, grinders, welding equipment, electrical / electronic controls, lathes / machining tools, power tools, fans / blowers, hydraulic systems and high speed packaging equipment.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment.