As a member of the Supply Chain and Fulfillment Team, the Customer Supply Chain Representative (CSCR) is the primary point of contact for the order to delivery process for an assigned portfolio for MLF customers and the respective Customer Business Team (CBT). The CSCR ensures a high level of customer satisfaction collaborating externally with our customer’s buyers and internally with cross-functional peers to mitigate supply issues and analyze data for opportunities that create shared value. Additional responsibilities include monitoring customer orders against expected draws on new product launches, batch allocating excess inventory, resolving delivery failures, and investigating customer penalties for overages, shortage and deductions.
Any MLF team member interested in being considered for this role are encouraged to apply online by *February 26. Applications received beyond that date are not guaranteed consideration.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Manage customer orders requirements against our established lead times, minimum order quantities and shipping schedules.
- Mitigate supply issues by aligning customer deliveries with up-to-date information on inventory re-supply.
- Troubleshoot and resolve delivery failures as required.
- Investigate customer invoice deductions for delivery overages, shortages, and damages, and resolving discrepancies by working closely with the Accounts Receivable (AR) Department
- Utilize MLF’s truck building tools to create efficient outbound shipments and coordinate delivery appointments in collaboration with our customers and internal Transportation teams.
- Provide daily order short reports to the CBT and customers.
- Lead and participate in continuous improvement projects to find process efficiencies and create shared value, utilizing a structured Six Sigma tool set and approach.
- Execute MLF’s recall procedures as required.
- Identify and execute opportunities to ‘batch allocate’ excess inventory to orders, including negotiating with customers on the acceptance of these inventories.
- Execute the ‘Available to Sell’ process in collaboration with our Sales Execution team for products on allocation due to a supply constraint.
- Provide coverage on other CSCR account assignments from time to time.
What You’ll Bring:
- Post Secondary Education or equivalent work experience in Customer Supply Chain, Planning, Transportation or Procurement
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly in Excel, and experience with ERP systems, preferably SAP.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at various levels.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to use multiple data sources to draw insights and create recommendations.
- A customer-focused mindset, with the ability to anticipate customer needs, build rapport, and deliver exceptional customer service and satisfaction.
- A team player with the ability to collaborate and cooperate with cross-functional peers and support the team’s goals and objectives.
- A continuous improvement mindset, with the ability to identify and implement process improvements and best practices.
- Strong alignment with Maple Leaf’s Values
- Bilingual (English/French) is an asset
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- A hybrid work model that embraces remote work for eligible roles, helping team members achieve work-life balance—combining the best of both spending time working remotely, benefitting from focus time, and purposeful collaboration in the office setting.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
We’re a global food company with more than 13,500 team members. We operate sites in 20+ locations across Canada. We also have locations in the U.S. and Mexico, and do business in Asia.
A diverse and inclusive work environment
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based culture
Our eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: Please note that salaries posted on sites other than the MLF Careers Page are not a reflection of Maple Leaf Foods and are an estimated salary range provided by that particular job board. Maple Leaf Foods offers competitive wages and an attractive total rewards package, which will be discussed during an interview with our Talent Team.