Maple Leaf Foods is embarking on one of the most exciting journeys in its history through the build and startup of a world-class, leading edge manufacturing facility producing premium, value added fresh poultry products. The new 660,000 square foot facility will call London, ON home and will employ over 1,600 employees as we ramp up operations over the next few years.
We are looking for equally enthusiastic people who want to join our team as we start to climb our own version of Everest. As with every great feat, the realities of this opportunity may come with some challenges and we are looking for people who have the commitment to working through these together. We believe that participation in this start-up requires great passion for our objectives, the flexibility to adapt to the needs of the environment, and a resilient spirit rooted in the desire to achieve winning results as a team. Together we believe we will do great things for our people, our consumers, and our communities.
If you think that this opportunity might be for you, we encourage you to read more details about this exciting role below.
Any MLF team member interested in being considered for this role are encouraged to apply online by February 26. Applications received beyond that date are not guaranteed consideration.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
Reporting to the Order Processing Supervisor, the Order Processing Administrator will be responsible for performing all order processing functions in a timely and efficient manner ensuring on-time departures and deliveries. You thrive in an environment that is fast paced and have a keen sense for continuous improvement. This position requires a high-level of communication and collaboration among departments with a collaborative and supportive mentality.
As an Order Processing Administrator, you will:
- Collaborate with Production and the Finished Goods Warehouse to ensure the execution of accurate on time shipments
- Coordinate daily orders with Distribution and Transportation
- Billing of domestic orders in SAP
- Verifying all information on documentation for accuracy
- Producing BOL, manifest and packing lists and package driver paperwork for outbound shipments.
- Maintaining accurate document retention and supporting POD requests
- Responding to customer requirements and customer specific requests
- Maintain daily spreadsheets
- Maintain daily and monthly metrics
- Tracking of CHEP pallet transactions
- Create and maintain open order reports on a daily and weekly basis in SAP
- Support communications between Security, the Warehouse and the Shunt activities
- Direct inbound shipments to their proper delivery locations
- Communicate and organize inbound shipments with Material Handling, Maintenance and Production team members
- Support and maintain inbound deliveries and appointments
- Other project work as assigned by management.
- Shift will be Tuesday - Saturday
What You’ll Bring:
- 2+ years of industry experience in Order Processing, Warehousing, Logistics, or related field.
- High School Diploma or better
- SAP experience with warehouse or transportation management would be an asset
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with a high degree of initiative and flexibility.
- A strong communicator, both written and oral, who is confident, and decisive
- Comfortable and effective in working with all levels of a very diverse workforce
- Strong computer application skills, network and PC business application software. Experience with SAP preferred.
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
We’re a global food company with more than 13,500 team members. We operate sites in 20+ locations across Canada. We also have locations in the U.S. and Mexico, and do business in Asia.
A diverse and inclusive work environment
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based culture
Our eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: Please note that salaries posted on sites other than the MLF Careers Page are not a reflection of Maple Leaf Foods and are an estimated salary range provided by that particular job board. Maple Leaf Foods offers competitive wages and an attractive total rewards package, which will be discussed during an interview with our Talent Team.