Responsible for East Supply Planning of Fresh Poultry. The Supply Planning objective of this role is to maximize our raw material and capacities, analyze feature activity, communicate our remaining availability and inform our key stakeholders of the upcoming plans to successfully meet our customers demand.
Any MLF team member interested in being considered for this role are encouraged to apply online by February 19. Applications received beyond that date are not guaranteed consideration.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Responsible for Supply Planning our East Fresh Poultry, managing both raw material and capacity utilizations.
- Responsible for the assessment and approval of incremental demand requests such as features, new business opportunities and new product launches.
- Provide feature recommendations for our S&OP Planning by reviewing feature submissions against our raw material/capacity with feedback when there are competing priorities.
- Responsible for the maintenance & communication of the Availability grid.
- Weekly discussions with Plant Operations, Production Planning and Live Supply Planning to effectively communicate supply plans and incorporate feedback into supply plans.
- Responsible for weekly reports/metrics and to analyze information that provides insights to key stakeholders and adjustments to our supply plans.
- Support the annual budget process through capability and raw material planning.
- High Performance: Achievement of KPIs: Budget Commitments, Fill Rate and Raw Material/Capacity Utilization
- Supply plans are clearly communicated, understood and aligned with Operations and Production Planning
- Supply detailed analysis to the organization of supply chain results and trends
- Strong network with Category Sales Development, Marketing and Sales Teams – “go-to” person for representing the supply and capability availability
- Accountable for building fact-based stretch plans for Operations
- Strengthen leadership and business management skills
What You’ll Bring:
- 3-5+ years’ experience in a Supply Chain role
- University degree or Community College diploma in a related field
- Understanding of Supply Chain processes and effective communication with Marketing, Sales, Finance, and Manufacturing/Operations
- Intense Curiosity: Analyzing business trends, working cross functionally to better understand potential options to improve planning processes/results
- Disciplined Decision Making: Accountable and willing to learn from mistakes to improve future decisions
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Excel with the ability to learn new calculations
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- A hybrid work model that embraces remote work for eligible roles, helping team members achieve work-life balance—combining the best of both spending time working remotely, benefitting from focus time, and purposeful collaboration in the office setting.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
We’re a global food company with more than 13,500 team members. We operate sites in 20+ locations across Canada. We also have locations in the U.S. and Mexico, and do business in Asia.
A diverse and inclusive work environment
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based culture
Our eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com.
Disclaimer: Please note that salaries posted on sites other than the MLF Careers Page are not a reflection of Maple Leaf Foods and are an estimated salary range provided by that particular job board. Maple Leaf Foods offers competitive wages and an attractive total rewards package, which will be discussed during an interview with our Talent Team.