As the leader of the FSQA team, the FSQA Manager is accountable for the execution of the Food Safety and Quality Assurance programs at the facility. The Manager is a key member of the facility management team and is responsible for driving continuous improvement in a faced paced and demanding environment. Additionally, the Manager will establish and maintain positive relationships with regulatory bodies.
Any MLF team member interested in being considered for this role are encouraged to apply online by February 07. Applications received beyond that date are not guaranteed consideration.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Ensure effective execution of all FSQA programs to meet corporate and customer food safety strategy & quality standards as well as all regulatory requirements (CFIA, Health Canada, USDA, FDA, etc.).
- Lead internal and external audits (BRC, customers, CFIA, etc.).
- Using fact-based analysis, provide recommendations to improve the facility quality systems.
- Lead, coach and develop QA team.
- In conjunction with facility leadership, drive the organizations FS culture.
- Recommend and implement process improvements within the facility and the department.
- Accountable for hold and release activities related to pathogens test programs, non-conformance situations, etc.
- Ensure timely resolution of necessary corrective action items associated with all audits or CFIA concerns.
- Facility FS lead during product launches utilizing product development process (PDP) FS risk assessment.
- Build and advance relationships with CFIA and other external organizations.
- Support or lead change management activities related to processes, programs and/or systems.
- Lead facility activities during any potential product recalls.
- Actively participate in facility leadership meetings
What You’ll Bring:
- University degree or college diploma preferably in Chemistry, Microbiology, Food Science or a related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of experience leading a high performing team in a food manufacturing facility.
- Ability to leverage exceptional interpersonal, communication to develop productive internal and external relationships.
- Proven ability to influence stakeholders to achieve desired results.
- Energetic and positive leadership style.
- Excellent observation and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to coach for high performance.
- Strong systems skills (including MS Office).
- Ability to work effectively on a cross functional leadership team.
- Experience thriving in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated alignment to the Maple Leaf Leadership Values.
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
We’re a global food company with more than 13,500 team members. We operate sites in 20+ locations across Canada. We also have locations in the U.S. and Mexico, and do business in Asia.
A diverse and inclusive work environment
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based culture
Our eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com.
Disclaimer: Please note that salaries posted on sites other than the MLF Careers Page are not a reflection of Maple Leaf Foods and are an estimated salary range provided by that particular job board. Maple Leaf Foods offers competitive wages and an attractive total rewards package, which will be discussed during an interview with our Talent Team.