The Live Supply Coordinator is responsible for the planning and scheduling of chick placements and processing schedule. This position is accountable for achieving annual sales and procurement objectives while maintaining strong producer relationships. This role is instrumental in ensuring the needs of the producers, hatchery and processing plant are met while also achieving chick sales/procurement budgeted volumes and differentiated product needs of the organization.
Any MLF team member interested in being considered for this role are encouraged to apply online by February 01. Applications received beyond that date are not guaranteed consideration.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Key person in ensuring the chick placement and procurement plan is aligned with the following stakeholders: sales, procurement operations, optimization, processing plant, hatchery, live haul and catching and loading.
- Responsible for meeting our plant target for size, differentiated product and daily volume through creating the overall procurement plan.
- Proactively manage Alberta producers with chick sales and leases to meet or exceed targeted business objectives.
- Manage Over/Under production after processing by reevaluating lease agreements.
- Plan and build schedules to assure plant, sales and logistical requirements are met for over 70 farmers.
- Create and manage all leases for each A Period
- Track Market Share
- Key person managing the plant’s needs while balancing and aligning with internal constraints and operational capacities.
- Networking with other industry stakeholders, i.e. ACP and other processors, broadening sphere of influence to protect our grower base and market share.
- Responsible for executing the chick order process.
- Responsible for generating RWA numbers, distribution and status updates when required.
- Back up for Procurement coordinator.
- Responsible for overseeing the accuracy and validity of all financial tasks of the procurement coordinator including verification of producer settlements
- Demonstration and commitment to the Maple Leaf’s Leadership Edge Values.
- Other duties as assigned
What You’ll Bring:
- Post-secondary education or University Degree in Agriculture, Business, Science or related field (or equivalent work experience) preferred.
- Minimum 1-3 years experience in planning/scheduling or related fields preferred.
- Basic understanding of the complexity of supply chain management and Board Regulations
- Strong working knowledge of live poultry industry and procurement is an asset.
- Excellent analytical skills of producers grow out history is required to ensure estimating future grows
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated strong commitment to the Maple Leaf’s Leadership Edge Values.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence others
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated analytical, time management, and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to plan and schedule and multi-task in a fast pace environment.
- An ability to work independently; high level of accuracy, self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- High level of computer competency including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel.
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
We’re a global food company with more than 13,500 team members. We operate sites in 20+ locations across Canada. We also have locations in the U.S. and Mexico, and do business in Asia.
A diverse and inclusive work environment
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based culture
Our eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: Please note that salaries posted on sites other than the MLF Careers Page are not a reflection of Maple Leaf Foods and are an estimated salary range provided by that particular job board. Maple Leaf Foods offers competitive wages and an attractive total rewards package, which will be discussed during an interview with our Talent Team.