Do you consider yourself a team player? If so, we want to hear from you! At MLF Port Perry, we pride ourselves on our commitment to our team members and producing quality products!
What's in it for you?
- Hourly Rate: $37.01
- Monday-Friday Schedule
- Shift: Rotating days/afternoons
- Opportunity for overtime
- Benefits available approx. 2 months after start date.
- Pension after 1 year of continuous service
- Tool allowance
- All PPE is provided to employees (boots, hearing protection, etc.)
- Support of a union
- Opportunities for growth and training development
- Be deeply involved in progressive, proactive maintenance routines, with a philosophy deeply rooted in a predictive approach.
- Troubleshooting and execution of identified corrective maintenance requirements.
- Carry out documented work requests and apply corrective action
- Perform assigned work orders and account for inventory and labour on a computerized maintenance management system (SAP).
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations.
- Conduct preventive maintenance routines and update maintenance records.
- Interpret electrical code specifications
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial, electrical and electronic control systems and other related devices
- Maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, variable frequency drives, generators, alternators, industrial storage batteries and hydraulic/pneumatic electrical control systems
- Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance.
- Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fibre-optic, ethernet and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components.
- Ensure all job-related operations follow GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practice), HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points), WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System) and health & safety requirements.
- Understand and adhere to all plant Food/Health and Safety Polices.
- Red Seal Certification (Ontario Electrician license), with proven industrial field experience (3 years or greater preferred).
- Knowledge of the design, techniques and tools applied in electronic and electrical applications, with experience in pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Ability to collaborate with automation engineers.
- Operate production equipment and evaluate performance as required
- Extensive knowledge of plant and process equipment operations.
- Ability to execute planned and scheduled daily tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Strong mathematical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Must have a full complement of personal/professional hand tools
- Knowledge of the Maintenance Reliability process (predictive and preventative maintenance) and predictive technologies. This includes:
- The use of precision tools such as laser alignment equipment, dial indicators, micrometers, and precision/optical levels.
- The use of testing equipment such as vibration analysis as well as other techniques used in predictive and preventive maintenance.
- Basic knowledge of industrial safety, food safety and environmental regulations with absolute commitment to safety.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be capable of meeting the physical demands required to perform the essential duties of the classification
- Sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- Basic computer skills
- Availability for weekend overtime as production/maintenance demands require.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com.
Disclaimer: Please note that salaries posted on sites other than the MLF Careers Page are not a reflection of Maple Leaf Foods and are an estimated salary range provided by that particular job board. Maple Leaf Foods offers competitive wages and an attractive total rewards package, which will be discussed during an interview with our Talent Team.