This role will be based out of our main office located in Mississauga and you will be responsible for supporting other Information Solutions teams in the campus as well as the overall organization. This is a great opportunity for a self-starter, who possesses critical thinking and sound technical skills. The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude and strong customer service skills. As a specialist you will bring diverse experience that will help with mentoring other team members. The ideal candidate will have an area of focus in wireless networking or subject matter expertise with routing & switching.
You will be handling support incidents, service requests and be assigned to key projects where travel will be required. This is a hybrid role and will require you to work from our GTHA facilities and home.
This is a dynamic position where we will leverage your experience to make your career rewarding while at the same time contributing to the knowledge of our team. We are a closely knit team that prides itself on teamwork. If you are looking to build upon your networking knowledge and contribute to build up our team than please apply.
Any MLF team member interested in being considered for this role are encouraged to apply online by November 29. Applications received beyond that date are not guaranteed consideration.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Lead and execute complex network technical projects and support operations.
- Design and configure networks (LAN/WAN/Wi-Fi) in New builds (Green field), Expansions and Merger and Acquisition (Brown field) working with technology stacks such as Cisco, Palo Alto and Dell/VMWare
- Review existing network design and propose improvements to a fully sustainable and resilient network to support daily business operations and future growth, including DR needs.
- Communicate technical issues in business terms to appropriate stakeholders.
- Transform our network footprint to make the edge more secure with solutions such as CASB.
- Troubleshoot network issues including WAN, LAN, VOIP, WLAN as well as security.
- Provide Tier-3 support and mentorship for junior team members.
- Implementation of Network Access Control solutions for ZTNA.
- Create and update documentation (design specs, project documentation, KB/SOP documents, other misc. documentation as required) Implement processes, standards, and governance of network environments.
- Provide subject matter expertise and leadership in network technologies contributing to integrated solution designs, development, and implementation
- Follow/review standard operating procedures related to delivering effective preventative maintenance and solutions.
- Participate in project related work inside and when required outside of normal business hours.
- Participate in support work inside and when required outside of normal business hours.
- You will be based in the GTHA with the opportunity to travel across North America based on business and project requirements.
- Adhere to Infrastructure architecture governance and standards.
What You’ll Bring:
The successful applicant will possess job experience in the data LAN/WAN networking field and systems.
While we do not expect you to be an expert in everything, we want to make sure that you do have the following knowledge.
- Experience in 24/7 Mission Critical Network environment, including designing, implementing, and supporting network infrastructure.
- CCNP / CCIE Certifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in large or small groups
- Ability to balance multiple initiatives and support, in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to interact with the business on a non-technical level.
- Flexible to a changing environment.
Switching and Routing:
- Experience and proficiency in L3 routing protocols OSPF, EIGRP and BGP. We mainly use OSPF but still have some EIGRP on our environment. Knowing BGP is an asset.
- Nexus Routing and Switching
- Experience and proficiency in switching where you have deployed QoS and various Spanning tree protocols, port channels and multiple vlans.
- Operational experience in troubleshooting wireless connectivity and performance.
- Taking part in deploying Wireless
- Experience in design using wireless survey tools.
Training, Documentation and Reporting
- Create and distribute technical documentation for solutions such as Visio site drawings
- Develop and Implement Method of Procedure documents for technical processes, including new network services, products, device configurations, migrations, troubleshooting, etc.
- Collaborate with senior team members and network architect on ways to improve different technologies.
Infrastructure Monitoring & Maintenance
- Monitor and address network issues using our Orion Network Monitoring tool
- Network patching of Switches, Routers, SD-WAN, Wireless, etc.
Areas of specialty:
- Having experience in either of these areas is welcome asset.
- SD-WAN environment and if you have experience in this type of a technology is an asset
- Operational experience Supporting an SD-WAN Solution, Ideally VMWARE Velo Cloud
- Experience in configuring and deploying voice gateways/cubes in Call Manager and Unity VOIP
Experience in Cisco ISE or alternate solution to manage Radius, 802.1x Authentication, NAC, etc
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- A hybrid work model that embraces remote work for eligible roles, helping team members achieve work-life balance—combining the best of both spending time working remotely, benefitting from focus time, and purposeful collaboration in the office setting.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
Examples of technology that you will be supporting:
- Branch Network Cisco wired networks using the Catalyst Switches. (Catalyst 9000 series)
- Data Center Nexus Switches (Nexus 9000 Series)
- Cisco Voice Collaboration technology such as Cisco Call Manager and Unity
- VMWare VeloCloud SD-WAN
- Wireless – Branch on Prem and Centralized Flex Connect (Cisco 9000 Series)
- IT/OT segregation and integration
- NAC (Cisco ISE, HPE ClearPass...etc)
- PaloAlto Firewall Layer 3 support and troubleshooting
- Network Segmentation (North/South, East/West), Branch Site and Data Center NSX
- IPads, RF Guns and mobility support on the floor plant.
- Support plant floor end user production systems that are connected to our network
We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
We’re a global food company with more than 13,500 team members. We operate sites in 20+ locations across Canada. We also have locations in the U.S. and Mexico, and do business in Asia.
A diverse and inclusive work environment
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based culture
Our eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com.
Disclaimer: Please note that salaries posted on sites other than the MLF Careers Page are not a reflection of Maple Leaf Foods and are an estimated salary range provided by that particular job board. Maple Leaf Foods offers competitive wages and an attractive total rewards package, which will be discussed during an interview with our Talent Team.