Maple Leaf Foods is looking for a dynamic business & category marketing professional. The Marketing Manager- Fresh Poultry will lead the commercialization of their assigned category, providing expert knowledge of brand and consumers interactions, channel development and consumer communications campaigns with a diverse product portfolio. The successful candidate will be a balance between a commercially driven business professional and a consumer-focused marketing leader with a track record of success delivering profitable growth.
Any MLF team member interested in being considered for this role are encouraged to apply online by November 10. Applications received beyond that date are not guaranteed consideration.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Lead and work collaboratively with cross-functional stakeholders to deliver identified business objectives and marketing initiatives that drive brand strategy, channel growth and share targets for assigned category.
- Accountable for the complete financial management and targets of the entire category reporting on a weekly and monthly basis
- Responsible for category specific brand management and communication
- Lead annual strategic category business reviews & planning process
- Lead end-to-end commercialization of new product development, innovation and renovation from concept generation through to in-market execution.
- Conduct monthly analysis on business performance leveraging Nielsen, internal data sources and consumer insights to identify a course of action to achieve targets.
- Work with Sales to understand and execute against specific customer strategies or tactics.
- Monitor competitor pricing, promotion and distribution activities and inform plans.
- Collaborate with Finance & Revenue Management on pricing strategies to deliver target profitability.
- Coach colleague performance, skill development and achievement of professional aspirations
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing with 5+ years Sales or Marketing experience in a CPG organization preferred.
- Experience managing a large and complex business with proven success in market.
- Proven track record in product commercialization from concept through market execution.
- A creative thinker with a passion for Marketing, an appetite to learn and challenge the status quo.
- An effective team player with well-developed people skills demonstrated through a proven ability to successfully navigate and influence a complex organization.
- Strong communicator who can take complex problems and communicate effectively with a variety of audiences to achieve desired outcomes
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to anticipate potential issues, keen attention to detail and superior organizational skills.
- Must be proactive and performance driven, have a bias for action and be able to work under pressure in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Commercial Acumen and P&L Management – Solid understanding of key drivers of the P&L with ability to recommend changes required to move the business forward.
- Critical Thinking and Insights – Able to analyze and draw conclusions from internal & external data sources demonstrated through building, tracking, and course correcting business plans to achieve targets.
- Agility and Effectiveness – Able to stay focused on driving key business priorities in a dynamic business environment.
- Sales Knowledge and Connectivity – Demonstrate understanding of customer strategies and motivations and applies accordingly to marketing planning process & initiative execution.
- Leadership and Influence – Skilled in mobilizing and motivating cross functional teams to achieve commercial objectives.
- Strategic Leadership – Demonstrate big picture thinking with an ability to clearly articulate a strategic direction, justified with sound fact-based rationale. Sells ideas and recommendations through to management convincingly.
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- A hybrid work model that embraces remote work for eligible roles, helping team members achieve work-life balance—combining the best of both spending time working remotely, benefitting from focus time, and purposeful collaboration in the office setting.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
We’re a global food company with more than 13,500 team members. We operate sites in 20+ locations across Canada. We also have locations in the U.S. and Mexico, and do business in Asia.
A diverse and inclusive work environment
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based culture
Our eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com.
Disclaimer: Please note that salaries posted on sites other than the MLF Careers Page are not a reflection of Maple Leaf Foods and are an estimated salary range provided by that particular job board. Maple Leaf Foods offers competitive wages and an attractive total rewards package, which will be discussed during an interview with our Talent Team.