As Production Supervisor you will have an opportunity to step into a career and gain direct experience in the food processing industry by leading a high-performance operations team. You lead by example and inspire your team to deliver top results. You are passionate about safety and promote a culture where safety comes first. You thrive in an environment that is fast paced and have a keen sense for continuous improvement. Your approach is collaborative and offer a forum where everyone feels comfortable to bring forward new ideas.
Any MLF team member interested in being considered for this role are encouraged to apply online by February 01. Applications received beyond that date are not guaranteed consideration.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Drive a strong Food Safety and Health & Safety culture in keeping with the Maple Leaf Food Safety Promise
- Foster and maintain positive union and employee relations environments, through counselling sessions, investigations or grievance meetings as needed
- Work closely with the team members to deliver winning results to meet both daily and weekly production schedules
- Participate in audits and actively participate in daily team meetings
- Collaborate with cross functional teams such as FSQA, Reliability, and Human Resources
- Facilitate safety talks and task observations
- Responsible for daily administrative duties such as payroll, scheduling and shift reports
- Support and lead special projects, and continuous improvement initiatives
What You’ll Bring:
- The successful candidate will be results-oriented, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and have the ability to develop positive working relationships with all employees. Candidates must have:
- Secondary School Diploma
- 2-3 years of supervisory experience
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop, foster, and influence relationships within the plant team and external stakeholders to support a common goal.
- Strong independent, creative, and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent analytical problem-solving skills.
- Desire to continually learn, understand, and elevate processes and procedures from status quo
- Strong personal accountability for individual and team results
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
We’re a global food company with more than 13,500 team members. We operate sites in 20+ locations across Canada. We also have locations in the U.S. and Mexico, and do business in Asia.
A diverse and inclusive work environment
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based culture
Our eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com.
Disclaimer: Please note that salaries posted on sites other than the MLF Careers Page are not a reflection of Maple Leaf Foods and are an estimated salary range provided by that particular job board. Maple Leaf Foods offers competitive wages and an attractive total rewards package, which will be discussed during an interview with our Talent Team.