As our Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance (GRC) Analyst, you will report to the Cyber GRC & IAM manager to help us build and grow our cyber practice from the ground up. This is a rare opportunity to join us on our journey on the forefront of cybersecurity, grow with us, and shape the future of Maple Leaf Foods.
This role requires a motivated self-starter, someone who has strong analytical and problem-solving skills, a deep understanding of risk and compliance management principles, excellent communication and report-writing abilities, and foundational knowledge of industry-specific regulations, standards, and frameworks. You are passionate about security and compliance and believe in due diligence.
Maple Leaf Foods features a Flexible Hybrid working model working out of our Mississauga office.
Any MLF team member interested in being considered for this role are encouraged to apply online by October 19. Applications received beyond that date are not guaranteed consideration.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Work with MLF’s leaders (such as CIO, CISO, GRC Manager, Infrastructure Managers) and assist them in strengthening the organization-wide Cybersecurity program
- Work with MLF’s stakeholders and implement Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) related initiatives aligned with MLF’s vision and strategy
- Conduct risk assessments as per requirements within industry leading standards and frameworks (such as NIST CSF), identify gaps and assist in coordination of activities among other information security functions to resolve the gaps
- Be the primary point of contact for external assessments, audits and participate in interviews, walkthroughs and requirements gathering process
- Lead internal assessments (GRC) and audits, and conduct interviews, documentation review and controls assessment
- Assist in implementation of requirements defined within Cybersecurity related policies and procedures throughout the organization
- Collaborate with other information security functions (such as IAM, PAM, Resilience etc.) and collect Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and periodically report it to GRC Manager
- Prepare information security reports for MLF’s senior leaders (such as CIO, CISO and the Cybersecurity Committee)
- Assist in Implementation of cyber security controls and management of the Cyber Controls Framework (NIST CSF)
- Assist in development of cyber security related training and awareness initiatives
- Keep track of risks within the organization. Ensure risks are appropriately addressed by risk owners within the determined timeline.
- Work with required teams to collect and prepare audit data for C3 audits.
What You’ll Bring:
- Understand Information Security Concepts (such as Risk Management, Governance, Data Protection, Incident Management etc.)
- Knowledge of information security standards and regulations such as NIST CSF, NIST SP Series (800-53, 800-82, 800-207), NIST RMF (Risk Management Framework), C3, and CIS Critical Security Controls framework
- Quick learner, strategic thinker, strong team player with ability to multi-task
- Organize, prioritize, and track project activities on a day-to-day basis
- Identify and communicate project risks to managers and IT leads
- Analytical and problem-solving mindset
- Clear verbal/written communication
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to work collaboratively with members across other functions (such as Infrastructure, Cloud, Data etc.) to collaboratively solve problems and build strong processes
- Track risks assigned to members within other functions (such as Infrastructure, Cloud, Data etc.)
- A minimum of 3 years of security related experience within GRC function
- A minimum of 7 years of security related experience in total within various information security functions (AD IAM, PAM, GRC, MITRE ATT&CK, Resilience etc.)
- Experience in conducting risk assessments as per requirements in industry leading standards and frameworks (such as NIST CSF) is a must.
- Experience in conducting ITGC (IT General Controls) controls testing (Preferred)
- Experience in Data Protection, Third-party Risk Management and Resilience (Preferred)
- Hands-on Experience in PAM tools (such as Delinea) and IAM tools (Preferred)
- Prior experience in working in Consumer or Food & Beverage Industry (Preferred)
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Engineering or Computer Science (Preferred)
- Professional certifications in Information Security such as CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CC or equivalent (Preferred)
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- A hybrid work model that embraces remote work for eligible roles, helping team members achieve work-life balance—combining the best of both spending time working remotely, benefitting from focus time, and purposeful collaboration in the office setting.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
We’re a global food company with more than 13,500 team members. We operate sites in 20+ locations across Canada. We also have locations in the U.S. and Mexico, and do business in Asia.
A diverse and inclusive work environment
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based culture
Our eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: Please note that salaries posted on sites other than the MLF Careers Page are not a reflection of Maple Leaf Foods and are an estimated salary range provided by that particular job board. Maple Leaf Foods offers competitive wages and an attractive total rewards package, which will be discussed during an interview with our Talent Team.