The Marketing Manager is an exciting opportunity to help the Foodservice function advance our credo to ‘build a growth culture, rooted in fundamentals and discipline, with superior customer partnerships’. Reporting to the Director, the Marketing Manager will be focused on driving our North American Foodservice initiatives including:
- Accelerating our US growth agenda through new product launches and Innovation
- Filling available network capacity inclusive of new assets
- Growing our Branded business
- Expanding our presence in the Industry through best in class marketing programs
This successful candidate will be a dynamic Marketing professional capable of working closely with Sales and our cross-functional teams for product, process improvement, pricing and promotion strategies.
Any MLF team member interested in being considered for this role are encouraged to apply online by October 19. Applications received beyond that date are not guaranteed consideration.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Lead all marketing efforts for categories within your scope of responsibility, inclusive of launching new products, packaging updates and marketing programs to drive growth in the US and Canada.
- Increase our Branded presence and grow market share through Innovation and expanded distribution.
- Responsible for the financial management and targets of your categories on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams (Sales, Finance, Retail Marketing, Operations, Supply Chain) to champion key projects within the organization.
- Lead the commercial integration of Viau (Specialty Deli) into the broader MLF Deli portfolio
- Establish and sustain the optimal matrix of pricing and promotion that achieves P&L objectives
- Work closely with sales team to develop and execute specific customer strategies, promotions and menu innovation
- Leverage research, market data and consumer/customer insights to formulate and communicate industry trends
- Be part of building a growth culture, rooted in discipline and fundamentals, that delivers winning customer partnerships
What You’ll Bring:
- 5+ years Sales or Marketing experience
- FMCG Retail and/or Foodservice industry experience would be an asset
- Commercial Acumen, Budget Planning and P&L understanding
- Strong leadership, insights, analytical and project management skills
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- An effective team player with well-developed people skills demonstrated through a proven ability to successfully navigate and influence a complex organization
- A creative thinker with a passion for Marketing, an appetite to learn and challenge the status quo
- Proactive and performance driven, have a bias for action and be able to work under pressure in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Skills to take complex problems and communicate effectively with a variety of audiences to achieve desired outcomes
- Strong relationship building skills
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- A hybrid work model that embraces remote work for eligible roles, helping team members achieve work-life balance—combining the best of both spending time working remotely, benefitting from focus time, and purposeful collaboration in the office setting.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
We’re a global food company with more than 13,500 team members. We operate sites in 20+ locations across Canada. We also have locations in the U.S. and Mexico, and do business in Asia.
A diverse and inclusive work environment
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based culture
Our eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: Please note that salaries posted on sites other than the MLF Careers Page are not a reflection of Maple Leaf Foods and are an estimated salary range provided by that particular job board. Maple Leaf Foods offers competitive wages and an attractive total rewards package, which will be discussed during an interview with our Talent Team.