Maple Leaf Foods is hiring for full-time shifts!
What's in it for you?
You must be legally eligible to work and currently residing in Canada.
The General Labor full-time position is responsible for performing packaging, clean-up and other elemental activities related to food processing.
- Salary: $17.25/hr
- Opportunity for overtime
- Full health & dental benefits available after 3 months
- Perks and discounts on entertainment, travel, attractions, shopping, sports and more
- All PPE is provided to employees (hard hat, boots, jacket, etc.)
- Support of a union
- Highly automated and fast paced learning environment
- Opportunities for growth and development
The successful applicant must:
- Work within all stations of the department as assigned
- Assist with all aspects of line activities
- Ensure adherence to Food Safety and Quality Assurance requirements
- In compliance with GMPs, HACCP, Health & Safety and WHMIS requirements
- Handling heavy loads with moderate physical exertion (lifting 10-25 kg)
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Ability to read, speak and write English
- Physically fit to perform the required task
- Ability to follow directions and get things done with minimal supervision in a team environment
- Flexibility to work shifts as scheduled
- Minimum Grade 10 education preferred
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.