Responsible for developing and strengthening multiple customer accounts in both Ontario and in the West, managing and growing both MLF and customer’s business, and bringing category management knowledge and expertise to our customers.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Reach and exceed internal commitments such as such as volume, profit, and trade spend ROI.
- Business Development – working with customers, internal R&D and Marketing groups to develop new business opportunities through innovation and superior selling.
- Accountable for the management of all budgets pertaining to the specified customers including sales volume, gross profit, and trade spending. Manage trade funds as per budget.
- Provide superior customer service, including regular and timely customer contact and follow-up.
- Responsible for coordinating and communication of listings, features, and programs with Sales team for assigned customer base.
- Achieve budgeted sales and gross profit targets for all current customers.
- Develop stretch targets; meet or exceed plans
- Demonstrate and build upon basic financial acumen through the understanding and management of Maple Leaf and customer P&Ls
- Passionately acquire strong knowledge and expertise in our products, industry and the category management so that you become the customer’s consultant on the business.
- Strategically grow a profitable business
- Strengthen customer relationships
- Local travel required on a regular weekly basis and some overnight travel might be required
What You’ll Bring:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in consumer packaged goods or related industry.
- Preferred experience in Marketing or Sales.
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration, Marketing, or Sales.
- Highly motivated individual willing to take on challenges and deliver results.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and able to build strong relationships both externally with key customer contacts as well as internal counterparts.
- Creative thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to “think on one’s feet” and make decisions independently in a fast paced environment
- Focused on value-added selling
- Leadership and emotional maturity
- Strong analytical skills, and able to build sound business cases.
- Strong computer skills, and able to work well with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Exceptional understanding of distributor and /or multi-unit organizations.
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- A hybrid work model that embraces remote work for eligible roles, helping team members achieve work-life balance—combining the best of both spending time working remotely, benefitting from focus time, and purposeful collaboration in the office setting.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
We’re a global food company with more than 13,500 team members. We operate sites in 20+ locations across Canada. We also have locations in the U.S. and Mexico, and do business in Asia.
A diverse and inclusive work environment
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based culture
Our eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com.