The VP, Information Security
serves as the process owner of all assurance activities related to the availability, integrity and confidentiality of customer, business partner, employee, and business information in compliance with the organization's information security policies. A key player in Maple Leaf Foods executive team, they assess levels of risk for the organization as we continue to expand our digital and data footprint, automation strategy, while owning responsibility to establish and maintain a corporate-wide information security management program ensuring that all corporate and operational technology and data assets are protected.
The VP, information Security also assures the cyber governance and compliance, cyber risk management along with SAP security and Disaster Recovery for Maple Leaf Foods maintaining, governing, and facilitating the preparation and execution of the business continuity program during business technical disruptions across the Maple Leaf Foods network.
This role will help shape the cyber culture at Maple Leaf Foods, partnering with functional owners across the lines of business.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
Governance of Security Operations
- Developing, implementation and monitoring of a strategic, comprehensive enterprise information security and IT risk management program, and enhancing of current information security management framework.
- Understand and interact with related disciplines through committees to ensure the consistent application of policies and standards across all projects, systems and services.
- Assess and provide regular reports on the current status of risk and information security to the various teams within the company and to senior management and committees.
- Lead the information security awareness training program for all employees and establish metrics to measure effectiveness.
- Provide clear risk mitigation guidelines for projects with IT components, including the mandatory application of controls.
- Assist with the overall technology planning, providing current knowledge and future vision of technology and systems.
- Partner with business stakeholders across the company at various levels up to C level and board of directors to raise awareness of risk management concerns.
- Oversee the management of planning, development, purchase and execution of all technology systems and related infrastructure including the configuration, deployment, and upgrade of hardware, software, tools, standards and processes.
- Oversee and safeguard systems and data security from internal and external threat.
- Oversee the development of information and technology policies for the organization
- Set and manage budgets / approvals for Maple Leaf Foods IT programs
- Lead the achievement of a more effective and cost beneficial enterprise-wide IT operation including help desk operation, systems, and network availability
- Oversee management of the daily operations and IT team for all IT business systems (both hardware and software)
- Deliver business results in the areas of, IT Security and compliance
- Providing executive-level updates and dashboards on risk and compliance and operations.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, or related field;
- 10 years of proven experience, or equivalent combination of education and work experience, with success in leadership roles as VP IT or IT security management and business continuity;
- 5+ years SAP Security, IDM and GRC and Security Bridge knowledge (an asset)
- CISSP, and/or CISM, and/or CISA, and/or CRISC certification(s) (an asset);
- Experience working in a matrix -based organization
- Experience in dealing with an external partner
- Experience in incident response program development and operations.
- Thorough understanding of legal and regulatory requirements, such as: GDPR, C3 and Manufacturing Industry Data Security Standards.
- Knowledge of information security management frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001, and NIST frameworks, including 800-53 and Cyber Security Framework (CIS);
- Strong business management knowledge, working knowledge of information security risk management and cyber security technologies, and up-to-date knowledge of both business and IT methodologies and trends.
- Cloud computing application security knowledge (an asset);
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Quick learner, strategic thinker, and vision builder with strong team leadership and multitasking capabilities.
- Superior project and priority management skills (financial/budget, programming, stakeholder, and resource management)
- Guide the team's priorities and support them in the execution of value-added tasks to ensure the achievement of business objectives.
- Prioritize and coordinate project teams for IT initiatives company-wide, collaborating with a diverse set of stakeholders
- Evaluate and make recommendations on staffing, outsourcing, purchasing, and in-house development of systems and processes.
- Effectively build, motivate, and support an effective management team, paying particular attention to developing talent for the future within each corporate functional area.
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- A hybrid work model that embraces remote work for eligible roles, helping team members achieve work-life balance—combining the best of both spending time working remotely, benefitting from focus time, and purposeful collaboration in the office setting.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
We’re a global food company with more than 13,500 team members. We operate sites in 20+ locations across Canada. We also have locations in the U.S. and Mexico, and do business in Asia.
A diverse and inclusive work environment
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based culture
Our eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com.