Reporting to the Senior Manager, Animal Health, the incumbent will be responsible for assisting the Technical Services Team with daily tasks and projects. This position is based out of the Landmark office and at on farm locations.
• Collect and submit samples from owned and contract swine production sites, representing all stages of production
• Lab report filing
• Population of a new database for health team
• Student in the faculty of Agriculture (Animal Science), or veterinary technologist student
• Must possess excellent skills in:
Communication (verbal and written)
Computer work and knowledge of MS Excel and database management
• Ability to work as part of a high performing team as well as the ability to work independently
• On-farm experience considered an asset
• Must be comfortable driving on highways and gravel roads, and be able to navigate in rural areas of Manitoba
• Must have a valid driver’s license
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first day of work. We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.