As part of Maple Leaf Food’s Finance team, this position will be responsible for analyzing and reporting production results with a deeper dive into identifying trends and investigating variances. You will interact frequently with people in various levels of the organization.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Ensure all results information is correctly reported and provide daily and weekly production reports
- Investigate daily variances, analyze production trends and provide explanations to management
- Complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Perform Inventory Analytics articulating write off risks, slow moving items, assess reserve requirements
- Overhead Cost Centre reporting and business partner with management owners on results drivers
- Complete quarterly C3 Testing execution
- Participate and support the annual budget process, month end close activities, and weekly results forecasting
- Provide timely and accurate daily and weekly cost reporting to the plant management team.
- Identify, recommend and support cost improvement opportunities.
- Perform periodic analysis of overhead spending and provide management with the information required to make future spending decisions.
- On site responsibility to ensure accounting procedures adhere to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and approved corporate policies.
- On site C3 custodian to ensure critical inventory and purchasing procedures are in control, and responsible for Quarterly Self-Test submissions.
- Responsible for gathering and filing related business documents and control (proof of delivery, purchase order, invoice and receiving documentation, leasing contracts, inventory count documentation)
- Support Operations team in Product Traceability exercises through SAP data extraction and support document search and presentation.
- Respond to ad hoc report requests to plant finance.
What You’ll Bring:
- Post-Secondary Education in a finance/business related program required
- 2+ years of progressive manufacturing costing experience in an ERP environment (SAP preferred)
- Ability to work independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work and drive improvements within a team environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to present financial information to non- financial functions.
- Advanced knowledge of MS office and experience with SAP
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
We’re a global food company with more than 13,500 team members. We operate sites in 20+ locations across Canada. We also have locations in the U.S. and Mexico, and do business in Asia.
A diverse and inclusive work environment
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based culture
Our eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.