The Plant Optimization Manager is responsible for overall plant optimization across the Pork operations which includes supply and demand planning, long term resource planning, and capacity analysis and utilization. The incumbent will have direct responsibility to lead a team of Production Planners and will be located at the Maple Leaf Foods Pork plant located in Brandon, Manitoba.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Lead’s our customer and product commitment; what can we produce by when for our customers in a short shelf-life environment
- Responsible for demand planning by accumulating forecasted demand from Sales and ensuring accuracy
- Maintain and update forward looking product availability (6 to 12 months out)
- Ensure order fulfillment and execute allocation plan from Product Management team when products are over allocated or during supply shortages due to production disruptions (weather, breakdowns, labour challenges) to maximize fulfillment of high valued customers
- Lead a team of Production Planners and provide direction, support and guidance on day-to-day activities and long-term strategic planning
- Run production capability scenarios as forward sales opportunities are brought forward from customers
- Continually work on developing new and improved capacity and capability tools to drive production efficiencies
- Identify ongoing plant capacity issues (utilization of capital/people) while working with the Product Management team to remove constraints and to increase utilization of existing production assets
- Strategize and collaborate on new Pork Complex and Maple Leaf Foods Marketing initiatives (i.e. new products)
- Contribute to the Supplier selection, assessment, and feedback process
- Ensure proper SKU set up and product costing
- Initiate and facilitate clear communication between Sales and Manufacturing
- Prepare for and conduct customer visits
What You’ll Bring:
- Post-secondary education, preferably with a business focus
- Experience working within Pork operations (manufacturing) is an important aspect of the position
- Demonstrated experience in supply and planning and/or business optimization
- Must be able to self-manage, make decisions and problem solve quickly when dealing with adversity
- Exceptional communications skills with the ability to clearly deliver information with a high comfort level dealing with audiences at all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationship efficiently and effectively with various business units
- Enjoys thinking creatively to come up with solutions and flexible to develop alternate plans quickly
- Highly numerate and analytical
- Strong commercial sense, competitive by nature, with the courage to challenge the status quo when needed
- Ability to be flexible and responsive to time sensitive, changing business needs
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office (Word, Excel); SAP experience is an asset
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
We’re a global food company with more than 13,500 team members. We operate sites in 20+ locations across Canada. We also have locations in the U.S. and Mexico, and do business in Asia.
A diverse and inclusive work environment
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based culture
Our eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.