At Maple Leaf Foods, the Senior Demand Planner is responsible for developing and maintaining the finished goods sales forecast that is used by the operations and commercial teams. The Demand Planning team is responsible for generating and maintaining both lift and base forecasts in IBP on a 78-week rolling horizon. Senior Demand Planners are members of our Customer Business Teams (CBT’s) working very closely with sales and other cross functional partners and customers to ensure the Supply Planning team has the best possible forecast information to drive inventory optimization.
To be successful in the role, the Senior Demand Planner must possess the business acumen and interpersonal skills to build and maintain relationships with our commercial and operations teams as well as other internal and potentially external stakeholders. Resourcefulness, creative problem solving, critical thinking, and expert data analysis are exhibited by the Demand Planning team daily.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of the 18-month rolling sales forecast in IBP.
- Use statistical modeling in IBP with other Excel-based tools and analytics to generate the baseline demand forecast.
- Work very closely with sales and other cross-functional partners leading the team to generate the lift forecast driven by commercial activity.
- Understand the product lifecycle of the portfolio, from new launch to rationalization, and forecast accordingly.
- Understand inherent risks in forecasting decisions and guide the cross-functional team to manage and mitigate appropriately.
- Collect, manipulate, and analyze data and performance metrics providing the organization with appropriate and timely feedback and insight.
- Provide other functional areas (including Finance and other Supply Chain departments) with key demand information adjusting the communication accordingly.
- Maintain customer-related demand information: distribution, listings/de-listings, transitions etc. and reflect appropriately in the forecast.
- Where relationships exist, work directly with our customer’s replenishment teams to glean insights into future demand.
- Responsible for monitoring KPIs including forecast accuracy, having a strong understanding of issues/gaps to targets, and leading initiatives to improve.
- Be the expert and Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for the demand forecast for your respective portfolio.
What You’ll Bring:
- Strong desire and ability to live the Maple Leaf Values.
- University degree and / or professional designation required.
- 3+ years of experience in demand planning role with exposure to IBP.
- Prior experience in other areas of supply chain planning or inventory management is preferred.
- Strong Excel modeling, pivot table manipulation, and analysis skills.
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically with a persistent preciseness and a high level of comfort in analyzing data.
- Ability to stay organized and work independently while also being a team player exerting diplomatic influence across the organization.
- Understanding of supply chain processes and interaction with marketing, sales, finance, and manufacturing / operations.
- Excellent analytical skills - proficient at analyzing large amounts of information and drawing fact-based insights quickly with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to assess both short-term and strategic, long-term impact of alternative courses of action.
- Strong business acumen combined with exceptional communication skills including the ability to provide business insight to multiple levels of management with appropriate level of detail.
- Proven track record of collaborating successfully with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Proven ability to achieve results in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Experience with six sigma methodologies, concepts, and tools would be an asset.
- Experience in Power BI is preferred.
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
We’re a global food company with more than 13,500 team members. We operate sites in 20+ locations across Canada. We also have locations in the U.S. and Mexico, and do business in Asia.
A diverse and inclusive work environment
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based culture
Our eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.