- Preventative maintenance and cleaning duties assigned.
- Operation and maintenance of all refrigeration systems in the plant and on the rooftop
- Maintenance of all equipment in boiler and refrigeration rooms
- Maintenance of all refrigeration equipment in facility
- Maintain/Monitor/Check all refrigeration equipment requirements to TSSA Standards.
- Participate in plant equipment repairs/installations.
- Interface with necessary Contractual and Inspection Departments for corrective and or legal requirements.
- Maintain accurate records of safe management, operations and maintenance through compliance.
- Improve plant efficiency by reporting on operating conditions of equipment, determine operating window, and helping to develop and maintain a maintenance program.
- Troubleshoot any mechanical breakdown relating to the Production Department to ensure minimal loss in manufacturing of our products.
- Work together with all other departments to ensure a productive team environment and the continuous improvement of the plant processes.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by ensuring plant and powerhouse are operating in accordance with the TSSA.
- Ensure all work performed complies with governing practices, codes and regulations.
- Fulfill all Health and Safety, Food Safety, HACCP, WHMIS and MSDS requirements.
The successful applicant must:
- Possesses and maintains a valid Ontario Refrigeration B Certificate or higher.
- Ideally, 2-3 years of experience in a manufacturing food processing environment as a Stationary Engineer.
- Knowledge of fuel systems, water treatment, air compressors and refrigeration systems
- Must be able to do maintenance as required
- Able to work as part of a team in a fast-paced processing environment
- Self-motivated and effective communication
- Must be reliable and able to work Saturday, Sunday and Monday 7pm to 7am
- Previous experience working with SOP’s and GMP’s is an asset.
- Mechanical abilities and trouble shooting skills are required.
- Requires initiative, excellent communication skills and results Oriented.
What's in it for you?
- Earn $35.05 per hour
- Opportunity for Overtime
- Full health, dental benefits and pension
- Perks and discounts on entertainment, travel, attractions, shopping, sports and more
- All PPE is provided to employees (hard hat, boots, jacket, etc.)
- Shifts do not rotate
- Support of a union
- Great learning environment
- Trades licenses reimbursement
- You must be legally eligible to work and currently residing in Canada
We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
We’re a global food company with more than 13,500 team members. We operate sites in 20+ locations across Canada. We also have locations in the U.S. and Mexico, and do business in Asia.
A diverse and inclusive work environment
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based culture
Our eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.