This key position within the Maintenance Department is responsible for the day-to-day operations within the Maintenance Stores. The incumbent will report to the Stores Supervisor. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that parts and supplies are received and issued for Maintenance personnel.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Daily issuance of parts and supplies from stock inventory
- Receiving of all maintenance related parts inventory, work order related materials, contractor service reports and accounting for correct values
- Investigate and follow-up on shipping variances and invoice discrepancies with suppliers
- Daily cycle counts of stockroom inventory and monitoring variances reports
- Prepare packages for shipment, prepare required documentation and schedule pick-ups
- Organization of stock room inventory and re-organization as required
- Picking and staging of materials for work orders and assigning costs
- Technical structure in relation to parts (Bill of Materials) building with maintenance team.
- Follow Maple Leaf C3 policies and procedures related to receiving and inventory
- General housekeeping of stockroom
- Perform other duties as assigned
What You’ll Bring:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (ex. General Education Development accreditation)
- 2 years’ experience working in a stock room environment (maintenance preferred)
- Inventory management/stockroom related education courses
- Knowledge of stockroom applications and maintenance parts
- Capable of working independently, prioritizing and multi-tasking
- Self-motivated individual with a proven record of working in a fast paced environment
- Working knowledge of SAP asset management systems preferred
- Excellent time management, organizational and communication skills (oral and written)
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
We’re a global food company with more than 13,500 team members. We operate sites in 20+ locations across Canada. We also have locations in the U.S. and Mexico, and do business in Asia.
A diverse and inclusive work environment
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based culture
Our eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.