We are seeking an experienced Waste Water Treatment Operator – Class 2, Rotating for our Brandon, Manitoba plant. The Waste Water Treatment Operator reports to the Chief Power Engineer and is a unionized position. The hours are Rotating Shifts, 12 hours, with the wage of $33.22 an hour with up to $2.00 in bonus’. The successful applicant must have the Provincial Certified Manitoba Class 2 Waste Water System Operator Certificate and the Provincial Certified Manitoba Class 2 Waste Water Collection Certificate, may accept Provincial Certified Class 1 Waste Water Certificate with commitment to obtain Class 2 Waste Water.
Monday to Friday – Rotating shifts 8 and 12 hours (as assigned)
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Operate, maintain and monitor Class 2 wastewater treatment processes, equipment and facilities
- Identify and take corrective actions to operating problems in the treatment plant
- Ensure compliance with all statutory, regulatory and company procedures
- Continuous improvement to the treatment process to ensure a safe return of wastewater to the environment
- Participate in plant equipment repairs and installations
- Carry out oral and printed work requests and apply corrective measures in a timely fashion utilizing computerized maintenance system
- General update and housekeeping of pretreatment plant
- Perform other assigned duties and tasks as required
What You’ll Bring:
- Provincially Certified Manitoba Class 2 Waste Water System Operator Certificate
- Provincially Certified Manitoba Class 2 Waste Water Collection Certificate
- May accept Provincial Certified Class 1 Waste Water Certificate, must be willing to obtain Class 2
We’re looking for candidates who possess the following attributes:
- Willingness to work rotating shift work
- Excellent communication skills; written, verbal, listening
- Ability to function in a team environment and with minimal direct supervision
- Able to work with computers & computerized work order systems
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment..
We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
We’re a global food company with more than 13,500 team members. We operate sites in 20+ locations across Canada. We also have locations in the U.S. and Mexico, and do business in Asia.
A diverse and inclusive work environment
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based culture
Our eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com.