A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging.We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
As part of Maple Leaf Food’s London Maintenance team, the individual will be responsible for maintaining and servicing equipment and building infrastructure used in the facility for daily production. Furthermore, they will ensure safe plant operations and a safe working environment for all employees.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Be deeply involved in progressive, proactive maintenance routines, with a philosophy deeply rooted in a predictive approach in a 24 hour/day operation.
- Troubleshooting and execution of identified corrective maintenance requirements.
- Carry out documented work requests and apply corrective action
- Perform assigned work orders and account for inventory and labour on a computerized maintenance management system (SAP).
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations.
- Conduct preventive maintenance routines and update maintenance records.
- Interpret electrical code specifications
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial, electrical and electronic control systems and other related devices
- Maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, variable frequency drives, generators, alternators, industrial storage batteries and hydraulic/pneumatic electrical control systems
- Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance.
- Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fibre-optic, ethernet and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components.
- Ensure all job-related operations follow GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practice), HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points), WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System) and health & safety requirements.
- Understand and adhere to all plant Food/Health and Safety Polices.
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability, expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- A unified team, with a culture based in cross-functional collaboration.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits.
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Commitment to Learning. Courses, resources, and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
- Red Seal Certification (Ontario Electrician license), with proven industrial field experience (3 years or greater preferred).
- Knowledge of the design, techniques and tools applied in electronic and electrical applications, with experience in pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Ability to collaborate with automation engineers.
- Operate production equipment and evaluate performance as required
- Must be legally entitled to work for Maple Leaf Foods in Canada.
- Extensive knowledge of plant and process equipment operations.
- Ability to execute planned and scheduled daily tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Strong mathematical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Must have a full complement of personal/professional hand tools
- Knowledge of the Maintenance Reliability process (predictive and preventative maintenance) and predictive technologies. This includes:
- The use of precision tools such as laser alignment equipment, dial indicators, micrometers, and precision/optical levels.
- The use of testing equipment such as vibration analysis as well as other techniques used in predictive and preventive maintenance.
- Basic knowledge of industrial safety, food safety and environmental regulations with absolute commitment to safety.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be capable of meeting the physical demands required to perform the essential duties of the classification
- Sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- Basic computer skills
- Availability for weekend overtime as production/maintenance demands require.
- Ability to work various shifts
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com.