The Sr. Financial Analyst, Financial Planning and Analysis is responsible for consolidating forecasts and annual budgets from all Operating units for review by senior executives. The materials are used for management reporting and presentations to the Senior Leadership Team as well as the Board of Directors. Additional responsibilities will include ad hoc business support as required. The successful candidate must have exceptional organizational, an unwavering attention to detail and a bias for action. In addition to strong technical skills, the role requires an individual with the interpersonal and communication skills to build strong working relationships across multiple stakeholders in a high paced, high performing environment.
Some of the exciting things you will be responsible for:
- Work with Finance Leads to consolidate Operating Unit P&L’s for monthly forecasts for actual to date, current period and balance of year
- Review monthly consolidation for accuracy and completeness and reconcile between systems
- Analyze forecast submissions from the operating unit for completeness and accuracy
- Partner with operating unit plant finance team to compile weekly forecasts, and report results for Senior Management. Validate submissions for understandability and question as necessary
- Maintain forecasting models; update as required for changes in the business (e.g. acquisitions)
- Key member of the Budget Coordination team to drive the annual budget cycle and the planning share group across all operating units
- Work with Finance Leads to consolidate Operating Unit P&L’s for budget
- Review consolidated budget financial statements for accuracy and completeness and reconcile between systems
- Maintain Budget financial models; update as required for changes in the business (e.g. acquisitions)
Reporting & Decision Support
- Prepare financial data for the quarterly Board operating reports, monthly management reports and Senior Management presentations as required
- Develop appropriate financial models for to support Senior management analysis
- Proactively recommend continuous improvement
- Perform ad hoc financial accounting analysis and participate in or lead special projects, as required
What you will bring:
We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about FP&A and looks forward to an opportunity to learn the MLF business and its ecosystem. You are analytical, action-oriented and have a continuous improvement mindset. Your approach is collaborative, and you are interested in building connections across MLF.
- 3 to 5 years of FP&A experience
- Must have excellent systems skills and be proficient Excel, including macros.
- Experience in working with budgeting and forecasting models
- Attention to detail
- Excellent planning and organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities and stakeholders
- Possess strong analytical skills with ability to present data in a meaningful way and make recommendations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated personal leadership
- Must strongly demonstrate our Maple Leaf Leadership values
- Post-secondary degree in Accounting or Business
- Professional Accounting Designation
- Hands-on experience with SAP and BPC
- Experience in the CPG industry or non-CPG manufacturing environment
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- A hybrid work model that embraces remote work for eligible roles, helping team members achieve work-life balance—combining the best of both spending time working remotely, benefitting from focus time, and purposeful collaboration in the office setting.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
We’re a global food company with more than 13,500 team members. We operate sites in 20+ locations across Canada. We also have locations in the U.S. and Mexico, and do business in Asia.
A diverse and inclusive work environment
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based culture
Our eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
MLF is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment opportunities with MLF; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired is available upon request; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.