The Senior Production Planner has the direct accountability for ensuring the production schedule is aligned to meet customer service demands.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Responsible for creating, implementing, communicating, and executing planning processes.
- Monitor and control the flow of material through the plant within the current day, including WIP inventories
- Responsible to work with other plant Production Schedulers to identify where new integrated processes are required and then lead the resulting process redesign initiatives
- Work closely with production department to optimize plant efficiencies through strategic scheduling of product lines and is liaison between demand planning, procurement, and the plant
- Coordinates input from cross-functional areas (operations, distribution, Customer Service, Purchasing, Sales, and Marketing) to assist in forecasting of production requirements and to achieve customer service levels (KPI)
- Plans inventory to determine appropriate levels, may be necessary to take corrective action when inventory position is long or short
- Responsible for analysis of seasonal inventory builds by examining the manufacturing capacity and understanding customer needs. Includes translation of yearly sales volume budget into manufacturing production volume budget.
- Assist operations management, sales, and marketing to mitigate risks around undesired long/short inventory positions by looking at the disposal of long inventory into the most appropriate channels and providing information on length of inventory shortages and root causes.
- Assist with new product launches to ensure product is viable from an inventory management perspective.
- Responsible for category service levels by analyzing root causes of shortages for future prevention.
- Continuous improvement of business processes
- Direct backup and continuous support for all planning operations within the facility.
- Work may require off shift work hours depending on manufacturing needs
- Ensure employee safety and compliance to the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Ensure Quality Compliance with all HACCP procedures.
What You’ll Bring:
- Production Scheduling, Supply Chain and/or Forecasting experience.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and analytical skills
- Self-motivator with an ability to act decisively based upon the facts available.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Should have well developed written and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Results oriented and possess a successful track record in an ever changing, fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to learn, live and teach our Maple Leaf Leadership Values.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
- Preferred: SAP experience
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
We’re a global food company with more than 13,500 team members. We operate sites in 20+ locations across Canada. We also have locations in the U.S. and Mexico, and do business in Asia.
A diverse and inclusive work environment
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based culture
Our eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.