The Senior Analyst, Finance (Sr. FA) assists in coordinating the financial reporting and analysis activities in the Brandon operations. This position works closely with operations to accurately reflect the results, ensure internal controls are in place and monitored, and provide expertise and support.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Compile, report and provide explanations for variances/vitals weekly
- Investigate variances, determine root causes, and recommend actions to minimize
- Provide overhead management support to assigned Budget Manager and Finance Manager
- Analysis on all aspect of the P&L. Understand cost driving activities and provide analytics to assist management. Put controls in place to minimize variances and meet with stakeholders to review monthly results
- Assist in the annual overhead budgeting process
- Prepare and submit monthly financial statements for facilities operations, and provide financial support on a regular basis
- Investigate operations overhead variances, understand root causes, and recommend actions to reduce overhead
- Compile and analyze all key tasks of the period end close process
- Review all balance sheet accounts relating to Brandon Manufacturing and ensure controls are in place, and items are accounted for.
- Completion of all Capital audits of profit improvement projects and present findings to key stakeholders.
- Review, understand and educate on key industry benchmarks studies to Brandon Manufacturing teams.
- Collaborate with Finance Manager on special projects as assigned.
- Provide coverage for Finance Team Members as required.
- Design, test, implement and maintain procedures
- Provide leadership in formulating reports (both recurring and ad-hoc) which highlight opportunities and our progress in minimizing costs.
- Provide analytical support to the Brandon facility.
- Be active and participate in Six Sigma projects. Strive to Six Sigmatize the FA function
- Supervise and develop direct reports to maximize their performance and contributions.
- Critical weekly and monthly deadlines are met and provide accurate and timely reporting
- Overhead management support provided to Assigned Budget Manager
- Support Plant Continuous Improvement projects and achievement plant targets
- Developmental criteria of direct reports are achieved each year
What You’ll Bring:
- Business Degree or Diploma
- Accounting designated or working towards designation
- 2-3 years Manufacturing Accounting experience
- Proficiency with MS Office, especially Excel and MS Access
- Exposure to SAP environment is an asset
- Self motivated with ability to work autonomously
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- The ability to work cross-functionally
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
We’re a global food company with more than 13,500 team members. We operate sites in 20+ locations across Canada. We also have locations in the U.S. and Mexico, and do business in Asia.
A diverse and inclusive work environment
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based culture
Our eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.