Bring new ways of working that allow our team members to focus on doing their best work by applying your expertise with Microsoft, particularly in building Power Platform solutions that increase shared value, agile delivery methodology and user design concepts.
Assignments provide exposure to many different areas of the business, where you’ll be able to apply your creative and problem solving skills that drive towards strategic goals – being more sustainable by reducing paper usage in plant floor operations, accuracy and productivity gains through automation of tasks and notifications, connecting people to the right information at the right time, accuracy of approval or audit tracking, or visualizing outcomes or outstanding action items with insightful dashboards and reporting to drive better business controls.
The Specialist, Microsoft 365 Services role is a full-time position reporting to the Manager, User Experience of the Information Technology (IT) Digital Innovation team. Enjoy flexible hybrid working arrangements with regular weekly time in the office at the Meadowvale campus located in Mississauga, ON.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Lead facilitation of discovery workshops, applying user-centered design techniques to explore business pain points and define requirements
- Design and configure custom end-to-end low-code solutions that enable digital processes with intuitive user experiences which improve productivity, collaboration, and knowledge sharing
- Document user stories, test cases, technical references, user support resources and other artifacts in support of agile methodology and end-to-end service delivery
- Research and test new concepts and use-cases to evaluate the business case rationale for implementation and provide recommendations to management
- Perform System Integration Testing (SIT) or facilitate User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to ensure quality delivery of solutions
- Support execution of strategic priorities such as Citizen Development or SharePoint Governance
- Manage administration of the Microsoft 365 suite of productivity and collaboration applications and Power Platform Centre of Excellence (CoE) to maintain governance standards
- Resolve support and incident cases assigned to the team queue within prescribed service level agreements, and comply with change and release management process
- Mentor junior team members and provide technical consultation and collaboration as a subject matter expert (SME) with fellow IS teams – security, client support, technical services, development, etc.
- Other duties as assigned, limited travel
What You’ll Bring:
An experienced Microsoft Champion with a passion for driving continuous improvement through digital transformations.
- Advanced skills with creating and supporting enterprise process solutions built on the Microsoft Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI, Virtual Agents) using canvas and model-driven approaches, SharePoint or Dataverse backends, Azure functions / logic apps or connectors
- Microsoft certification in Power Platform, Teams, and SharePoint Online or other related programs highly desirable
- Experience with supporting a Citizen Developer framework would be beneficial
- Proficient with agile delivery methodology and use of related tools, e.g. Azure DevOps to manage sprint planning and user stories
- Highly collaborative in nature with strong empathy for others
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – maturely interacts with users from all levels in the organization with ease, produces thorough documentation and supporting artifacts, simplifies complex technical explanations for the audience
- Consumer-packaged goods or manufacturing industry experience preferred
- Prior use of BMC Remedy / Smart IT or similar ticket management tools helpful, training will be provided
- Post-secondary degree in computer technology, user experience or a related business field, or 7+ years relevant experience
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- A hybrid work model that embraces remote work for eligible roles, helping team members achieve work-life balance—combining the best of both spending time working remotely, benefitting from focus time, and purposeful collaboration in the office setting.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
We’re a global food company with more than 13,500 team members. We operate sites in 20+ locations across Canada. We also have locations in the U.S. and Mexico, and do business in Asia.
A diverse and inclusive work environment
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based culture
Our eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.