FSQA Coordinator monitors and analyzes data related to all Food Safety, GMP, HACCP and other Quality Assurance Program requirements to ensure they are consistently achieved.
The coordinator is responsible for reviewing escalated proposed corrective actions and providing additional guidance and support as required.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Manage Internal Audit Program
- Participate and scribe in Food Safety and Quality Committee meetings
- Track and trend foreign material(s)
- Perform GMP audits
- Support the execution of site environmental program (EMP).
- Coordinate and ensure proper execution of Hold and Release program.
- Conduct CCP and/or prerequisite training and other Food Safety Training.
- Participate in annual HACCP review and reassessment with cross functional team and update the program accordingly.
- Execute Quality Notifications
- Investigate and draft responses for customer and consumer complaints.
- Assist with construction activities and planning of environmental monitoring.
- Manage pest control and document all areas of concern.
- Communicate all non-conformances to supervisors and FSQA Manager (Assist supervisor in determining root cause analysis and developing effective preventive measures).
- Develop and write SOPs
- This position requires an individual to analyze and interpret a wide variety of data with minimal supervision.
What You’ll Bring:
- Post-secondary education in Sciences/Chemistry/Biological sciences
- HACCP Certification is preferred.
- Certified auditor is considered a plus.
- Computer skills – Excel, MS Words, (ability to write and organize documents such as SOPs records etc.) and use of Outlook to communicate.
- Can work independently, organize time and priorities (i.e., leading projects etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication – confident in leading training and meetings.
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
We’re a global food company with more than 13,500 team members. We operate sites in 20+ locations across Canada. We also have locations in the U.S. and Mexico, and do business in Asia.
A diverse and inclusive work environment
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based culture
Our eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com.