The IS Consultant SAP Plant Maintenance will focus on Plant Maintenance, Inventory Management (MRO) and Indirect Purchasing for spare parts/services/supplies. The position will work in collaboration with business stakeholders such as the Corporate Asset Reliability Group and Corporate Purchasing teams as well as Information Solution teams to support plant maintenance activities and projects.
The IS Consultant will have the opportunity to work with innovative and standardized solutions using SAP S/4HANA modules such as: Plant Maintenance, Material Management, Document Management System, SAP Multi-Resource Scheduling module for planning and scheduling, custom SAP iOS mobile solutions for trades and supervisors, Asset Reliability Analytics based on Microsoft PowerBI and SAP Guided Buying for indirect purchasing in a near future.
He will have the opportunity to participate in the selection and deployment of new solutions related to Predictive Maintenance, Root Cause Analysis or Work order checklist functionality.
He will support deploying SAP to new facilities and work closely with end users.
The IS Consultant, SAP Plant Maintenance role is a full-time position reporting to the Director, Application Services in Information Solutions (IS). Enjoy flexible hybrid working arrangements with regular weekly time in the office at the Meadowvale campus located in Mississauga, ON.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Maintaining the 3-to-5-year Maple Leaf Foods IS Asset Reliability roadmap
- Contributing to the annual IS budget and project planning cycle for Plant Maintenance
- Participating in future innovative projects related to S/4HANA Plant Maintenance optimizations, Predictive Maintenance, analytics, and mobility
- Working on software assessment and selection
- Participate in the implementation of SAP Guided Buying implementation for plant maintenance users
- Supporting our existing S/4 HANA Plant Maintenance solution including SAP Multi-Resource Scheduling, our SAP mobile solution for trades and plant maintenance supervisors and Asset Reliability analytics based on Microsoft PowerBI.
- Mentoring and leading the IS Plant Maintenance team
- Delivering presentations and demonstrations to the business for new functionalities and concepts related to Plant Maintenance
- Responsible for delivery and execution of projects and initiatives related to the Plant Maintenance area
- Prepare and lead functional workshops, define solutions using SAP, create functional specifications, perform SAP configuration changes, develop, and execute test cases.
- Provide training, end user support and resolving tickets
- Develop and maintain project documentation, configuration documentation, standard operating procedures, and other documentation as required during and after executing on implementation tasks
- Participate in facility / site deployments and regular visits with attention toward in-depth understanding of business unit requirements, challenges and issues and providing post implementation support.
- Provision for after-hours emergency support in the event of a priority one incident
- Opportunities to work on other functional areas such as Purchasing, Food Safety and Quality, Product Development or Sustainability.
What You’ll Bring:
- 10 years' experience with SAP Plant Maintenance and business processes is preferred
- Experience with mobile solution and analytics solutions such as Microsoft PowerBI
- Experience with Predictive Maintenance is an asset
- Experience with indirect purchasing solutions such as SAP Guided Buying, SAP SRM or Ariba
- Experience with leading workshops, defining business process flow, gathering/documenting business requirements and configuring SAP Plant Maintenance
- Excel in defining solutions leveraging standard SAP functionalities
- Experience developing and implementing WRICEFs
- Experience with master data conversions, security (roles & authorizations) for Plant Maintenance
- Good project management skills and general change management principles beneficial
- Leadership and team management experience
- Driven self-starter, strong interpersonal skills, collaborative with strong networking skills
- Must have excellent communication skills with both IS and non-technical resources
- Confident engaging across all levels of the organization, from frontline workers to leadership audiences
- Proven ability to work in collaborative team environments as well as independently
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Quick learner and strong desire to learn new business processes and solutions
- Passionate for new technologies and innovation
- Engineering or similar bachelor’s degree preferred
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- A hybrid work model that embraces remote work for eligible roles, helping team members achieve work-life balance—combining the best of both spending time working remotely, benefitting from focus time, and purposeful collaboration in the office setting.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
We’re a global food company with more than 13,500 team members. We operate sites in 20+ locations across Canada. We also have locations in the U.S. and Mexico, and do business in Asia.
A diverse and inclusive work environment
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based culture
Our eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.