The Sr. Financial Analyst is responsible for reporting on the retail finance function and supporting the marketing team with ad hoc requests and analysis. This position works very closely with the marketing group to accurately reflect and provide detailed insight/explanation of results. In addition, this position plays a key role in the budget process and is involved in various aspects throughout the entire cycle.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Commercial Support: Proactively supporting commercial teams in projects (new product launches) as main finance lead. Ensure that all analyses completed are ‘value-added’ and align to the Business Unit’s Priorities. Become a true business partner by ensuring that you are involved in the key commercial priorities – strategy sessions, budgeting, new product launches, and pricing decisions (ad hoc analysis).
- Forecast and Budget: co-ordinate forecasts and budget reviews for volume and margins with the marketing team and ensure all required adjustments are flowed through accurately to reflect objectives/targets for the category.
- Weekly Reporting. Coordinate, prepare and distribute weekly reporting; including being the lead on the weekly meetings for commercial teams as the finance representative; identifying areas of opportunity and/or concern (risk), provide recommendations, and execute against them.
- Ad Hoc Reporting for Senior Management: Provide Commercial Reporting as requested by Senior Management.
What You’ll Bring:
- Post-secondary degree in Accounting or Business required
- Accounting Designation or working towards one
- 3 to 5 years of value add analytical experience
- Must strongly demonstrate our Maple Leaf Leadership values
- Must have excellent analysis skills and be a detail-oriented person
- Superior computer skills in Microsoft Excel
- SAP experience an asset
- Excellent planning and organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated personal leadership
- Strong business acumen and critical thinking
- Ability to develop rapport, with all levels of the organization
- Strong numerical comprehension and adeptness at analyzing & interpreting data is essential
- Ability to communicate concisely both verbally & in written form
- Strong writing skills
- Exceptional ability to manage time, set priorities, and make decisions under pressure
- Able to function both independently and in a team environment
- Superior leadership capabilities
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- A hybrid work model that embraces remote work for eligible roles, helping team members achieve work-life balance—combining the best of both spending time working remotely, benefitting from focus time, and purposeful collaboration in the office setting.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
We’re a global food company with more than 13,500 team members. We operate sites in 20+ locations across Canada. We also have locations in the U.S. and Mexico, and do business in Asia.
A diverse and inclusive work environment
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based culture
Our eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com.