As part of Maple Leaf Food’s Heritage team, the Team Leader will be responsible for material shipping, receiving and warehouse activities at the Heritage facility. This role will be responsible for shipping, receiving transportation, and warehousing related activities in Logistic areas of the plant, reporting to the Logistics Manager
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Responsible for the shipping activity for outbound finished goods
- Responsible for the receiving activity of all inbound materials
- Responsible for warehouse activities, communicates and documents transactions, including vendor damage claims
- Supervise outbound material movement to meet supply chain requirements including inventory accuracy, minimizing write-offs, and new product introductions
- Supervise dry goods, packaging, meat and finished good warehouse operators
- Manages the warehouse to meet housekeeping standards, including inventory control and management
- Responsible for ensuring all shipments, inbound and outbound, meet quality requirements including completion of all related paperwork
- Provides innovative solutions and continuous improvement initiatives to upgrade the department
- Maintain managed warehouse bin management, inventory control, and allergen management.
- Communicates effectively with transport dispatch, other plants, and third-party providers
- Act as single point of contact for employee issues and concerns and providing follow-up in a timely manner
- Conduct grievance, incident investigations, counseling, and discipline meetings
- Properly administering the Collective Agreement
- Accurate payroll processing
- Conduct communication, safety, and food safety meetings
- Audits processes: People System, FSQA, Reliability predictive practices
- Conduct daily team meetings to review FS/QA, People, Reliability and CI KPIs
- Develop Team Members through certification training and coaching, providing clear roles and consistent support and feedback for all employees
- Foster and maintain positive union and employee relations environment by treating all employees with respect, providing timely feedback and grievance resolution
- Ensures the compliance of all plant relevant policies, procedures, and standardized work methods
- Maintain a safe working environment and ensure continued compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, JHSC recommendations or MOL work orders, Company Safety rules and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Perform accident investigation and take an active role in WSIB case management and ensuring early and safe return of injured workers to modified and/or productive duties
- Efficient warehouse flow
- Timely completion of shipping and receiving duties
- Timely execution of all warehouse pick and put away tasks
- Develop cross functional relationships with other groups in production, H&S, FSQA and reliability
- Shall demonstrate full commitment to the implementation of the requirements of the Global Standard for Food Safety and to processes which facilitate continual improvement of food safety and quality management.
What You’ll Bring:
- The successful candidate will possess a relevant post-secondary education
- Previous experience in a unionized food, dairy, beverage or packaged goods industry is a definite asset
- Ability to communicate and work with all relevant associates, stakeholders and resources in a frequently changing and challenging supply chain environment
- Strong analytical skills and detail oriented; strong organization skills with sound prioritizing abilities
- Strong computer skills related to MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook)
- SAP knowledge is an asset
- 2-3 years’ experience in a shipping environment, preferably in a food, unionized environment
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
We’re a global food company with more than 13,500 team members. We operate sites in 20+ locations across Canada. We also have locations in the U.S. and Mexico, and do business in Asia.
A diverse and inclusive work environment
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based culture
Our eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.