What's in it for you?
You must be legally eligible to work and currently residing in Canada.
The Skilled position is responsible for operating multi-function process control or single-function machines to process and package meat products.
- Salary: $20.94 to start
- Night shift premiums available
- Opportunity for overtime
- Benefits available approx. 2 months after start date
- Pension after 2 years of continuous service
- Progression wage increases
- Perks and discounts on entertainment, travel, attractions, shopping, sports and more
- All PPE is provided to employees (hard hat, boots, jacket, etc.)
- Shifts do not rotate
- Support of a union
- Highly automated and fast paced learning environment
- Opportunities for growth and training development
- Trans Cab Service and Conventional Bus Service is provided through HSR
- Set up multi-function machinery such as a robots/multivac/slicer etc.
- Relay and communicate issues with leaders as well as reliability
- Operate multi-function process control machinery through control panels, computer terminals or other control systems to grind, mix, blend, cook, package or otherwise process food products
- Engages in the conversion of product from one state to another using automated and/or robotic technology; Involves plate changes, analysis of data, decisions based on analysis, HMI interaction.
- Observe gauges, computer printouts and video monitors to verify specified processing conditions and make adjustments to process variables such as cooking times, ingredient inputs, flow rates and temperature settings
- Maintain shift log of production and other data
- Participate in continuous improvement programs, meetings, etc.
- Understand and comply with basic food safety principles
- Other duties as assigned
COVID-19 Safety Measures:
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination prior to the commencement of employment. We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.