In a complex and competitive supply chain environment an ability to understand and transform large amounts of data into effective, focused and actionable sets of information is required to achieve business goals. Reduced inventories and increasing cost-to-serve create a need to have a streamlined, disciplined, and dynamic approach in the areas of Metric Reporting, Process Optimization, and Training.
The Analyst will aid in this effort by distilling large amounts of data and providing insights and intelligence on complex business issues. Increased clarity of data will drive the actions of the teams and leadership within Supply Chain, enabling them to make fact-based decisions and execute in a time sensitive manner.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Report on metrics and deliver analytical insights and intelligence on issues driving variances
- Build and design new reports to drive insights on Supply Chain KPIs
- Work closely with Supply Chain teams to gain a deeper understanding of issues and user experience
- Participate or lead improvement projects within the team
- Delivery of analytics and reporting in a time sensitive and fast paced environment
- Assist Managers and Directors through ad-hoc requests on a wide range of timely topics including customer issues, processes or requests from other functions
What You’ll Bring:
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- 2-3 years of experience in an Analytical role (preferably in Supply Chain)
- Passionate about solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, able to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to collaborate cross functionally and anticipate users’ needs
- Knowledge of the following is an asset: Power BI, SAP, SharePoint & SQL
- Enjoy investigating complex problems and summarizing the critical points in a clear concise manner
- Advanced Microsoft skills
- Demonstrate a curiosity to critically review and improve the efficiency of internal processes
- Appetite to learn, grow and take on increasingly more responsibility
- Strong alignment with Maple Leaf’s Leadership Edge Values
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- A hybrid work model that embraces remote work for eligible roles, helping team members achieve work-life balance—combining the best of both spending time working remotely, benefitting from focus time, and purposeful collaboration in the office setting.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
We’re a global food company with more than 13,500 team members. We operate sites in 20+ locations across Canada. We also have locations in the U.S. and Mexico, and do business in Asia.
A diverse and inclusive work environment
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based culture
Our eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.