Maple Leaf Foods is hiring for General Labour day shift!
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Wages: Starting rate is $16.91/hour with ability to earn up to $17.66/hour
- Comprehensive benefits package (Extended Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Long-Term Disability)
- Pension Program
- Referral Bonus Program>
- Gain Sharing Program – Potential to earn up to $0.60/hour extra!
- Leading Consumer Protein Company
- Essential business during COVID-19
- Clean and safe environment
- Personal Protective Equipment provided
- Career advancement opportunities
- Equal Opportunity Employer
643 Speedvale Ave. W., Guelph, ON
Maple Leaf Foods in Guelph is accepting applications for day-shift General Labourers within our Prepared Meats Plant which specializes in Lunches, Snacking, & Charcuterie products. Duties may include:
- Putting empty trays into the denester and placing appropriate quantities of components into the trays.
- Rotating competently within all positions of the work cell
- Taking an active role in changeover procedures and achieving line speed efficiencies
- Visual quality checks of product against customer and internal specifications (Including foreign materials, weight checks, gas and program settings)
- Ability to maintain cleanliness of areas of responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to wear proper PPE and comply with safety requirements including ensuring power is shut down on equipment prior to specified tasks (Lockout / Tagout may be applicable)
- Frequent reaching and standing are required
- Other duties as assigned
Hours of Work:
- Monday to Friday with occasional Saturday overtime.
- Shift times are:
- 6:30am – 3:00pm
- 7:30am – 4:00pm
What we are looking for:
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Interact and share information with employees at all levels (Team members, Lead Hands, Supervisors, Others). Actively participates in their work group.
- Actively finds new and improved ways of completing tasks. Is willing to try new things and assume additional responsibilities (assists with changeovers, keeps up with line speed requirements)
- Must be able to handle all food/pork products, stand for an extended period of time and work in a cold environment
- Employees will receive the necessary training and may be required to complete an evaluation in order to receive the higher wage rate within this categories progression
Please apply online or in-person today!
* New Walk-In Fridays! *
Onsite interviews every Friday from 11:00am - 2:00pm
643 Speedvale Ave W
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first day of work. We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-285-5862. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.