Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
You must be legally eligible to work and currently residing in Canada.
Do you consider yourself a team player? Are you double-vaccinated and eligible to work in Canada? If so, we want to hear from you! At MLF Port Perry, we pride ourselves on our commitment to our team members and producing quality products!
What’s in it for you?
- Starting Rate: $19.60/hour with ability to earn up to $21.78/hour
- Afternoon shift premium
- Monday-Friday Schedule
- Shift: Straight Afternoon
- Opportunity for overtime
- Benefits available approx. 2 months after start date.
- Pension after 1 year of continuous service
- Progression wage increases
- All PPE is provided to employees (boots, hearing protection, etc.)
- Support of a union
- Opportunities for growth and training development
- Ensure all shipping/receiving procedures are performed in accordance with established Standard Operating Procedures
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Receive raw materials and packaging
- Liaise with Material Supply Coordinator to ensure adequate materials are available for production
- Assist with shipping of finished goods
- Perform inventory control in cooler, freezer, dry ingredient storage
- Accurately perform cycle counts as requested
- Maintain housekeeping in all ingredient storage areas
- Other duties as assigned.
COVID-19 Safety Measures:
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first day of work. We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.
- Forklift Certification and experience preferred
- Counterbalance experience preferred
- Able to work in fast-paced environment with repetitive tasks
- Able to stand and walk throughout the shift
- Able to perform repetitive lifting
- Good communication skills, able to speak and read English
- Punctual, reliable and responsible.