Maple Leaf Foods is hiring a dayshift millwright!
What's in it for you?
- Earn $33.58 per hour
- Opportunity for Overtime
- Full health & dental benefits available after 3 months
- Perks and discounts on entertainment, travel, attractions, shopping, sports and more
- All PPE is provided to employees (hard hat, boots, jacket, etc.)
- Shifts do not rotate
- Support of a union
- Fast paced learning environment
- Trades licenses reimbursement
- Tool Replacement paid by company
- Enhance equipment performance, recommending improvements and implementing.
- Be able to install, troubleshoot, and repair complex production equipment with minimum supervision
- Works from drawings, written or verbal instructions and sketches
- Be able to troubleshoot and identify mechanical/electrical problems
- Operate production equipment and check performance as required
- Be strong on PM (preventative maintenance) procedures in a 24 hour/day operation
- Have proficient knowledge in use of computerized maintenance management system.
- Ensure all job-related operations are in compliance with GMPs, HACCP, WHMIS and health & safety requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned
You must be legally eligible to work and currently residing in Canada.
What you will bring:
- Valid Ontario Millwright license
- Experience in a manufacturing environment would be an asset
- Must have a full complement of personal/professional hand tools
- Sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Strong team player as well ability to work alone
- Safety conscious • Heavy lifting required
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Basic computer ability coupled with strong communication skills
- Highly motivated – able to work well with minimal supervision
- Weekends may be required
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com.