The Lead Hand plays an important leadership role in the Production/Packaging/Shipping departments. He/she works in a fast-paced food manufacturing environment and is responsible for overseeing food processing activities in a given department. This person gives direction, trains new employees and directly supports the Department Supervisor.
REQUIRED SKILLS, ABILITY & EXPERIENCE:
- Contributes to a healthy work environment, while maintaining high food safety and health and safety standards
- Oversees and directs the daily work in support of the Production Supervisor
- Champions and upholds department standards as a role model for other employees
- Ensures all equipment is operating properly, takes appropriate actions to correct any issues
- Where needed, perform general labour tasks on the production line
- Take action to correct any issues and to make improvements
- Leads the department to meet targets and goals
- Directly helps the department to meet targets and goals while maintaining a healthy and safe work environment
- Maintains productivity that meets/exceeds standards
- Dedicated to creating a high-quality product that consistently meets product specifications
- Leads and contributes to the team and the whole facility in a positive way
- Other responsibilities as required
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to direct the work of others while maintaining composure in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, able to speak and read English
- Able to perform all tasks within the department including lifting and/or shovelling
- Able to lift up to 25kgs
- Able to stand and walk throughout the shift
- Punctual, reliable and responsible
- Can work well in a team environment and support fellow team members
- First Aid trained or willing to obtain certification
- Basic computer skills including Excel and Word
- You must be legally eligible to work and currently residing in Canada.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first day of work. We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-285-5862. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.