A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
You are an enthusiastic relationship builder with a strong passion for finding top talent. You are a natural at attracting talented diverse applicants through creative ways across social media and professional networks. You are able to connect the value you have as a trusted business partner and understand the importance in maintaining your creditability. Your approach is collaborative with a strong sense of urgency. You thrive in an environment where you are empowered to take the lead, go above and beyond, and deliver results. You proactively seek new opportunities to look outside the box and make continuous improvements along the way.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Manage the hiring process from start to finish ensuring approved processes and standards are followed and ensuring that Maple Leaf Foods values and culture are embedded into each step
- Effectively communicate Maple Leaf Foods employer value proposition
- Ensure that newly posted roles adhere to MLF organizational design principles and advise on areas of concern
- Conduct Intake meetings with hiring managers for all vacant roles, and consult on hiring strategy.
- Partner with leaders and hiring teams to understand staffing requirements and create sourcing attraction and hiring strategies to bring the best talent to each vacancy
- Strategically and creatively source tough to find passive candidates for current and future roles
- Provide standardized weekly updates to hiring managers
- Maintain contact with candidates in the pipeline (both internal and external) to either ensure interest and/or up to date information
- Maintain a strategic internal candidate and position list from talent management practices
- Conduct all screening interviews with pre-qualified candidates and manage all internal screens
- Lead and support Hiring Managers in conducting all behaviour based 1st round interviews
- Provide hiring recommendations based on expertise within assigned functional area and other objectives collected throughout the interview process
- Occasional travel to various Maple Leaf Foods locations to meet with candidates and/or Hiring Managers
- Other recruitment related activities and projects as needed
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in HR studies or business related discipline
- 5+ years of progressive recruiting experience, a combination of corporate and agency experience is ideal
- Previous experience in recruiting in Manufacturing, Engineering or Technology roles would be considered an asset
- Strong business acumen with a proven track record of success in labour market research and candidate generation
- Demonstrated ability to work on complex recruitment portfolios
- Demonstrated ability to execute in person, internet and telephone-based research; ability to extract information from executives and all levels within the organization
- Excellent communication skills along with solid influencing and negotiating capabilities
- Proficiency in behaviour based interviewing
- A strategic thinker who can interpret business direction/needs and realign/refine/develop sourcing strategies and tactics
- Strong working knowledge of ATS, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, LinkedIn and other social media platforms
- Ability to exercise independent judgment with broadly defined policies and practices to identify best method/approach and final recommendation for hiring
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.