Floater (Permanent, Full-time)
$19.30/hour after 6 months of employment
Why Maple Leaf Foods?
- Essential business through COVID-19
- Leading Consumer Protein Company
- Part-Time and Full-Time Permanent Positions Available
- Competitive Wages
- Pension & Benefit Opportunities
- Paid time off
- $1000 RETENTION BONUS!
Now is a very exciting time to join the Maple Leaf family. Maple Leaf Foods is located in Hanover, ON and presently employees approximately 140 employees between our farms and hatchery. Currently, the Hanover Hatchery has the ability to hatch approximately 900,000 chicks per week. Our work includes everything from receiving the eggs from our farms to distributing chicks to many growers across the province. As an egg gatherer, you would be responsible for the collection of eggs at the barn. You may be handling up to 16,000 eggs per day. The eggs gathered will be transported to our hatchery where they will be incubated and then hatched into chicks. The chicks are then distributed to growers across the province. It is important that you understand that we are an agricultural facility and therefore you will be handling live animals.
The successful applicant will assist in the hatchery in various areas where needed.
- Determining gender and quality of day-old chicks
- Working full rotation in the separator area and tray wash areas
- Support in chick deliveries to farm operations
- Work with the sanitation team as needed
- Receiving duties including inventory management
- Working on the inovo transfer crew when needed (Embrex) Saturday’s included
- Working in egg room on Wednesday’s and Saturday’s when needed
- Must hold a valid G license
- Other duties as assigned
- Be reliable and dependable, able to be at work every day, on time
- Able to work in a fast paced and repetitive task environment
- Have commitment to working as part of a team and safe work practices
- Able to work varying & flexible hours until job complete
- Must be able to work in a wet/humid environment
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Be physically fit and able to lift, push, and/or pull - able to lift up to 50 lb. overhead repetitively
- Must adhere to HACCP, Biosecurity & Animal Care requirements (Training will be provided)
If you are willing to step into a new and exciting career, please submit send your resume and cover letter via:
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods has an accommodation process for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability need during your employment, please contact the local HR representative. Our accommodation policy can be provided upon request and in accessible format.