Barn Sanitation Crew Member (Permanent, Full-Time)
90 - 10th Avenue Hanover, Ontario
$23.44/hour after 6 months of employment
Why Maple Leaf Foods?
- Leading Consumer Protein Company
- Essential business through COVID-19
- Competitive Wages
- Pension & Benefit Opportunities
- Paid time off
- $1000 RETENTION BONUS!
Now is a very exciting time to join the Maple Leaf family. Maple Leaf Foods is located in Hanover, ON and presently employees approximately 140 employees between our farms and hatchery. Currently, the Hanover Hatchery has the ability to hatch approximately 900,000 chicks per week. Our work includes everything from receiving the eggs from our farms to distributing chicks to many growers across the province. As an egg gatherer, you would be responsible for the collection of eggs at the barn. You may be handling up to 16,000 eggs per day. The eggs gathered will be transported to our hatchery where they will be incubated and then hatched into chicks. The chicks are then distributed to growers across the province. It is important that you understand that we are an agricultural facility and therefore you could be handling live animals.
To clean, disinfect and maintain barns and equipment at the Hanover Breeder and Pullet Farms.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Cleaning company owned Breeder and Pullet Farm barns and equipment
- Sanitation of barns and equipment using chemicals
- Maintenance and repairs to barns Maintenance and repairs to barn equipment
- Operation of variety of machinery and hand tools
- Installing new equipment
- Changing over old equipment
- Must travel to various farms
- Moving spiking birds
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrates commitment to safe work practices
- Must understand and follow all Animal Welfare/CHEQ/Biosecurity procedures
- Strong communication skills
- Capable of performing heavy work on a daily basis
- Able to complete work without supervision
- Must have experience with hand tools and Steiner’s
- Able to work in extreme weather hot or cold
- Able to work longer hours on some days (e.g. early starts and/or late end times)
- May be required to work some weekends
- Experience with feeding equipment an asset
- Poultry background an asset
- Valid driver’s license
If you are willing to step into a new and exciting career, please submit send your resume and cover letter via:
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods has an accommodation process for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability need during your employment, please contact the local HR representative. Our accommodation policy can be provided upon request and in accessible format.