Shipper / Receiver - $17.45/Hour
Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,000 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
- Coordinate and schedule all inbound deliveries coming into the facility.
- Coordinate and schedule all outbound traffic for finished goods going to EDC, MWDC, and/or to the US for local and long-distance loads.
- Work with Production Team to ensure all materials required for US-bound loads are ready. Schedule loads and ensure targets/goals are met.
- Liaison between the Shipping Department and all other functional departments/areas.
- Analyze and investigate all inventory discrepancies as required, correcting SAP system and invoice-related issues to reflect accurately.
- Enter inbound delivery information into SAP for Shipping personnel as required, MIGO transactions as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Health and Safety:
- Responsible for correct allergen and material labeling.
- Direct and coordinate personnel to ensure materials are received and stored in the appropriate identified areas.
- Ensure FIFO methodology and all other SOPs are being adhered to.
- Maintain shipping records, including tracking and shipping history information, and provide information for traceability as needed.
- Ensure raw and Ready To Eat (RTE) inventory is stored in freezers/coolers, following food safety protocols.
- Ensure sanitation wash cycles are thoroughly completed and on schedule.
Communication, Cooperation & Continuous Improvement Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to wear proper PPE and comply with safety requirements.
- Pulling, pushing, twisting, bending, heavy lifting and standing.
- Lift truck certification is required in order to operate powered equipment.
All other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com or 905-285-5862. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and oral), and the ability to effectively communicate across various departments in English.
- Positive interaction and information sharing with Associates and Salaried Team.
- Ability to work independently and without regular supervision.
- Actively finding new and improved ways of completing tasks.
- Willing to try new things and assume additional responsibilities.
- Ability to establish priorities in their work area.
- Previous experience working in Shipping/Receiving environment is required.
- Must possess the ability to multitask, ensuring accuracy and completion for each task.
- Must possess strong computer and/or data entry skills; experience with SAP systems is required.
- Excellent time management, analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to use a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must be a team player.