Maintenance Store Supervisor
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
This key position within the Maintenance Department is responsible for the day to day operation of the Maintenance Stores Department. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that parts and supplies are ordered and issued for Maintenance personnel and production requirements. The Stores Supervisor promotes and maintains a safe working environment through compliance with MLF’s Health and Safety Program. This includes Food Safety and Environmental compliance
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- In charge of the day to day operations of the stock, overseeing MRO Buyer and Maintenance storekeepers that report into position
- Review daily report in respect to spend, inventory control and inventory management to improve MRO performance indicators
- Develop SOP’s for daily tasks/duties requirements and assign to department staff
- Assist the MRO Buyer in source and pre-cost part requisitions requirements for maintenance and Capital Expenditure requirements
- Monitor delinquent purchase orders and account performance with suppliers
- Build business relationships with existing vendors and contractors and potential new suppliers
- Assisting MRO Buyer identify costs saving initiatives with alternative suppliers
- Assist stockroom staff with part issuance and day to day operations periodically
- Review stocking requirements for inventory and analysis trends in demand
- Involvement in service contract negotiations and set-up of tender requirements locally and corporately
- Perform other duties as assigned
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- Related purchasing and stock room experience 4-5 years
- Education background in purchasing or supply chain management or SCMP designation preferred
- Knowledge of SAP software applications required
- Knowledge of stockroom applications and maintenance parts
- Capable of working independently, prioritizing and multi-tasking
- Self motivated individual with a proven record of working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent management, organizational and communication skills (oral and written
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.