The successful applicant must:
- Be able to install, troubleshoot, and repair complex production equipment with minimum supervision
- Enhance equipment performance, recommending improvements and implementing.
- Works from drawings, written or verbal instructions and sketches
- Be able to troubleshoot and identify mechanical/electrical problems
- Operate production equipment and check performance as required
- Be strong on PM (preventative maintenance) procedures in a 24 hour/day operation
- Have proficient knowledge in use of computerized maintenance management system.
- Ensure all job-related operations are in compliance with GMPs, HACCP, WHMIS and health & safety requirements.
- Knowledge of packaging, cooking, and breading equipment would be an asset.
- Previous work experience in a meat/food processing environment is also an asset.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
- Electrician license
- Millwright knowledge & experience preferred.
- Must supply your own tools.
- Interaction and communication with employees at all levels is required.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Working safely at all times is a must.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com or 905-285-5862. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.