Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
Maple Leaf Foods Bradford Plant is Hiring!
The Dock worker works in the Production department and is responsible for accurately staging, loading and verifying product shipments and inventory materials received. Working with cooler, production and warehouse personnel in order to complete the required orders daily. Using best practices in shipping/receiving functions to ensure that all material is handled correctly and safely.
- Contribute to a healthy work environment, while maintaining high food safety and Health & Safety standards
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 50kgs through-out the shift
- Ability to make repetitive motion movements using arms, hands, and wrists for long periods of time
- Ensure compliance with all HAACP food safety compliance regulations
- Observe all safety rules and regulations including use of (PPE) Personnel Protective Equipment and Material Handling Equipment
- Ensure line is fully stocked of product and that line does not incur stoppage /down time
- Remove product from production lines and ensure it is weighed and stored accordingly
- Use of weigh scales and recording information accurately
- Assist and maintain lot control (FIFO)
- Ensure inventory is recorded and accurate
- Reporting deviations to shift Supervisor/Quality
- Must be able to operate material handling equipment and document daily inspections on checklist and report to supervisor any issues that affect the operation of the equipment
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- Other responsibilities as required
WHY Maple Leaf Foods,
- Walkie and Dockstocker certification and experience preferred
- Able to work in a fast-paced work environment with repetitive tasks
- Able to stand and walk throughout the shift
- Able to perform repetitive heavy lifting
- Can work well in a team environment and support fellow team members
- Good communication skills, able to speak and read English
- Punctual, reliable and responsible
• Training provided where needed
• Reputable company
• Competitive Wages
• Opportunities to participate in Benefits and Pension plans
• Great team environment
• Strong focus on internal advancement
• Employee Assistance Program
Want to learn more about what it is like to work for Maple Leaf Foods? Visit our career website at https://www.mapleleaffoods.com/careers/ . This position will remain open until filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment.