Product Supplies Delivery Driver
70 Heritage Drive, New Hamburg, Ontario
- $18.90/hour after 3 months of employment
- $19.40/hour after 6 months of employment
Do you like hands-on work and a fast-paced and team-oriented environment? Don't mind getting dirty? Maple Leaf Foods, New Hamburg has a permanent full-time opening for Product Supplies Delivery Driver.
Now is a very exciting time to join the Maple Leaf family. Maple Leaf Foods is located in New Hamburg, ON and presently employees approximately 120 employees between in the hatchery. Currently, the New Hamburg Hatchery has the ability to hatch approximately 900,000 chicks per week. Our work includes everything from receiving the eggs from our farms to distributing chicks to many growers across the province. It is important that you understand that we are an agricultural facility and therefore you will be handling live animals.
We currently have a full-time opportunity to deliver supplies to Maple Leaf Foods contracted chicken producers.
- Loading supplies at our New Hamburg and Hanover Hatcheries, and/or 3rd party locations
- Delivering supplies in a company vehicle to many chicken producers across Ontario
- Unloading supplies at contracted chicken producers’ facilities
- Collaborate with a variety of individuals inside and outside of the company
- Validate product labels
- Assist to monitor supply inventory at farms
- Ensure all driver paperwork and responsibilities are completed in a timely fashion as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 1 year driving experience with G level license
- Ability to ensure safe and timely delivery of products
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Required to lift up to 25kgs. repetitively
- Positive customer interactions
- Strong communication skills
- Must be able to follow SOPs, route maps/directions & schedules
- Must adhere to Biosecurity/HACCP/Health & Safety requirements
- Able to work varying & flexible hours until job is complete
- Valid License with clean driver abstract
- Must successfully complete Transportation of Dangerous Goods Training (MLF to provide)
- Delivery experience an asset
Resumes can be dropped off in person at 70 Heritage Drive in New Hamburg.
By Fax: 519-662-3637 or by Email: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.