Maintenance / MRO Coordinator - Contract
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
The Maintenance coordinator role at Brantford will maintain the inventory management. This role will be responsible for ensuring that parts and supplies are ordered and issued for maintenance.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Provide maintenance support including ordering supplies, ordering spare parts, establishing and achieving inventory levels and stock arrangements as established by the manager. Reviews and reports on parts status and supports decisions of material disposition per strategy
- Support manager in development of best practice systems applied to all processes for purchasing, receiving, and stockroom management. Ensure all processes meet and sustain corporate compliance requirements and KPI target achievement
- Preparation and administration of all maintenance PO’s and purchasing administrative duties that include sourcing, expediting, inquiries, ordering, receiving and administration of maintenance requirements.
- Reduce cost of in-house inventories through negotiation with suppliers to keep appropriate inventories. Challenge supplier network to achieve cost reduction initiatives and optimum inventory levels.
- Localization of spare parts and vendor cost comparison where applicable. Provide input to Corporate Purchasing into supplier evaluation and selection
- Provide regular reporting on plant spare parts - including inventory, purchases, receipts, delays, and cost reduction
- Set-Up, administer, and maintain system for department, includes work orders, inventory management, purchasing, receiving, administration, and training, etc
- Schedule, track, and support all maintenance activity, including preparation work for planned work, supporting unplanned work by optimizing inventory levels and location availability to reduce equipment downtime.
- Perform physical inventory count and re-structure of maintenance stores
- Develop relationship with supplier network, OEM, and third party contractors to maintain service agreements and ensure maximum value attained in parts and service sourcing and scheduling
- Assist in scheduling and preparation of repairs
- Shall demonstrate full commitment to the implementation of the requirements of the Global Standard for Food Safety and to processes which facilitate continual improvement of food safety and quality management
What we have to offer you:
Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
- Diploma in Purchasing/Inventory Management preferred
- 2-3 years of inventory control/buying experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong knowledge of inventory practices
- Knowledge of computerized stockroom inventory and computerized work order system
- Strong MS Office skills. Experience with SAP PM and SRM modules or similar CMMS/purchasing systems. Ability to quickly adapt MRO best practices and implement in SAP
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.