Machine Operator - Separator
70 Heritage Drive, New Hamburg, Ontario
- $18.90/hour after 3 months of employment
- $19.40/hour after 6 months of employment
Do you like hands-on work and a fast-paced and team-oriented environment? Don't mind getting dirty? Maple Leaf Foods, New Hamburg has a permanent full-time opening for Machine Operator to begin immediately.
Now is a very exciting time to join the Maple Leaf family. Maple Leaf Foods is located in New Hamburg, ON and presently employees approximately 120 employees between in the hatchery. Currently, the New Hamburg Hatchery has the ability to hatch approximately 900,000 chicks per week. Our work includes everything from receiving the eggs from our farms to distributing chicks to many growers across the province. It is important that you understand that we are an agricultural facility and therefore you will be handling live animals.
Shifts are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday Day shift. The starting wage of $18.40 which increases to $19.40 after six months of employment. Maple Leaf Foods supplies all necessary safety equipment at no cost to the employee. Must be available to cross-trained in sever general labor positions.
- Machine operation
- Sanitation of Equipment
- Continual housekeeping of work area
- Disposal of egg waste
- Paperwork as required
- Able to work shift until job complete
- Commitment to work as part of a team with mandatory rotation
- Early start for machine set-up
- Keep up with a fast-paced team
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be capable of standing for long periods
- Must be capable of lifting 40lbs repetitively (overhead lifting required)
- Must be able to work in a wet/humid environment
- Must be able to work in small groups with minimal supervision
- Must be able to move full Setter Racks of eggs
- Must be able to follow SOP’S , HACCP Requirements & schedules
Resumes can be dropped off in person at 70 Heritage Drive in New Hamburg.
By Fax: 519-662-3637 or by Email: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.