Reporting to the Chief Engineer, you will be part of a team of shift engineers that provide 24/7 coverage for our food processing facilities. Working in a unionized environment, you will be responsible for operating ammonia and freon refrigeration equipment, boilers, and related auxiliaries, monitoring water distribution, performing rounds and operating checks on equipment, responding to operations' requests for services, and following up on alarms and taking action to rectify deficiencies.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- you have a 3rd Class Stationary Engineer license or refrigeration B and three to five years experience as a shift/operating engineer role.
- Experience with ammonia refrigeration , would be an asset.
- Shifts of 8 hours on days, afternoons or nights as scheduled and must be able to work rotating 12 hour shifts with overtime as required.
- Preference will be given to applicants holding a 3rd Class Stationary Engineer.
- Wages $33.09 per hour, plus $0.75/hr premium
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.