A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Maple Leaf Foods is seeking a career minded individual to join our Distribution team as a Warehouse Supervisor. This position supervises hourly employees on a shift within the distribution center to ensure workloads are completed accurately and in a timely manner to ensure on time departure of all shipments.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Coordinate the shipping, receiving, warehousing of product, order picking and cycle counts in conjunction with the inventory supervisor to ensure all customer orders are shipped on time in accordance with customer specifications;
- Responsible for executing SAP EWM transactions around checking in shipments, creating warehouse tasks and warehouse orders, assessing product availability of orders, update orders as required.
- Provide required operational performance and delivery information to the Warehouse Manager;
- Manage an hourly workforce of unionized employees in a fair and equitable manner in accordance with company policies, procedures and the collective agreement to deliver operational and work environment objectives including communications, safety, training, performance management, work assignment, attendance management, competency assessment, coaching, and discipline;
- Manage all issues with carriers to ensure the efficient unloading and loading of trailers;
- Ensure adequate workforce resources are available for operational delivery and proposed additions / reductions to the Warehouse Manager to acquire / reduce resources accordingly;
- Ensure all warehouse employees are properly trained in health & safety and food safety policy / procedures and the duties and responsibilities of their current role;
- Review employee hours worked into the payroll system timely wage payment to employees for hours worked;
- Manage all employee issues and grievances in accordance with company policy and the collective agreement in conjunction with Human Resources and management;
- Other project work as assigned by management.
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- Post-secondary education.
- Strong adherence to meeting productivity, quality and safety standards.
- Experience in a distribution environment
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong analytical and communication skills required
- Applies best practices and seeks out opportunities to improve processes.
- Examines opportunities for personal growth, industry knowledge, and shares this with peers.
- Embraces the Maple Leaf Leadership Edge Core Values.
- SAP experience and/or knowledge would be considered an asset.
- Able to work various shifts and extend working hours whenever required.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.