FSQA Coordinator (Afternoon Shift) - Contract
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Coordinate and execute pSOP changes through SAP.
- Coordinate the Hold and Release Program through SAP management and ensuring compliance to stakeholder expectations.
- Work with senior management team to track and complete product assessments and dispositions within a timely manner.
- Take an active role in the environmental testing program and work on solutions to problematic areas through effective team solution
- Assist in the maintained of the EMP program through completing swabbing, microbiological testing and data analysis to ensure compliance.
- Excellent document control and effective follow up on corrective actions.
- Support HACCP Specialist by completing monitoring records and in house audits.
- Support QA Supervisors with ongoing food safety and quality investigations.
- Working knowledge of statistical process control to utilize in trending and tracking of processes.
- Recognize, support and commit to the Food Safety promise and facility Mission statement
- Other duties as assigned.
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- College or University degree preferably in Chemistry, Microbiology, Food Science or a related discipline
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail
- Willingness to learn and teach others, be self directed and motivated
- Strong knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office, primarily Excel and Word
- Strong aptitude and inclination to learn and use new computer applications
- The successful candidate will be business, results and values oriented, work as part of a functional team and be an exceptional fit with our Maple Leaf Leadership Values
- A thorough understanding of laboratory methodology and food microbiology
- 3 to 6 years food related experience in a HACCP recognized plant.
- Experience with developing/maintaining Hold and Release program and SAP management
- Experience with maintaining environmental monitoring programs
- Detail and fine print conscious with exemplary organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills to download and process data.
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Prepared to come in and audit and/or train on any shift as required to successfully implement and manage food safety initiatives.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.